Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Author Topic: Iji  (Read 1307 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Iji
« on: 21 Apr 2012, 16:54 »

The internet is a funny place. As I'm want to do every now and then, I spent some hours the other day surfing randomly.

This lead to me finding a good image-search site that could find nearly anything (in a variety of ways) that was related to whatever you type into the search-field. So I test this by looking over images related to something I enjoy. One of the features of finding them is, you get to see where it is and how it's used.

This led me to a small forum-like place (didn't stick around to long) with one poster listing various different things by order of personal preference; top ten most annoying fictional characters, top ten intro songs, top ten saddest game songs, etc. etc.

Clicking the link next to one of the songs after reading the description for it, led me to find Iji.

---------------
I felt I should share this with you all, as the majority of people here are/were gamers and might well enjoy this.

Iji takes the form of a classic side-scroller kill-everything-that-moves action shooter ala Contra and the like.

It has SEVERAL unique twists that makes it very original, very fresh and absolutely enjoyable. I don't want to spoil anyone on anything, but if you even think that "this might be worth trying" then do. If you don't, do it anyway.

The game is a free-ware indie-game. It's not the best of graphics (old-school 8-bit, IIRC) but it takes less than 5 seconds to down-load, less than 10 to un-pack (you will need win-zip or something similar to un-pack it however) has great music overall, takes no space on your drive you will miss (36MB) and again, it won't cost you money at all. (Unless you feel like donating to the guy who spent 4 years making it, that is.)

Now the purpose of this tread is complete. If you will excuse me, I'll get back to starting a pacifist run after me "kill all that moves" run.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
Re: Iji
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2012, 16:53 »

Finally sat down to finish the pacifist run and got treated with an awesome ending.

Anyone of you even try this out?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2012, 17:03 »

Should have put a download link in! But...

* Seriphyn googles

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2012, 17:50 »

Oh, yes, Iji. Highly recommended. The ending theme is one of those rare covers that actually improves on the original. Just reading about the game and remembering the ending gave me chills - it's that good.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2012, 18:34 »

Played first two/three levels. Enjoyed it, old school 90s-style, heavy story stuff. Real nice soundtrack too.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2012, 07:44 »

Should have put a download link in! But...

* Seriphyn googles

So... since you did find it, did you google it, or notice the link in the OP? :D