Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jello Match 2: This Time, We Remembered the Bio Scans  (Read 2130 times)

Anslol

I've heard rumbles about a round II for jello wrestling being something people might enjoy, but in terms of IC reasons, I can't see a reason why it should be hosted or why people would come again. Therefore, I humbly submit two questions to the OOC community;

1) Would you like a Round II OOCly?
2) Would you like a Round II ICly?
3) If no to Question 2, please elaborate (I know the obvious reasons, but hearing it in the words of others is always useful).

Thank you m(_ _)m

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Jello Match 2: This Time, We Remembered the Bio Scans
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2013, 07:22 »

1) Yes!
2) Yes.
3) I will instead provide reasons why it should be hosted or why people would come again, as those are the ones you can't see :P:
- The first match was never finished.
- Bets were placed.
- Replaces the negative ending with a positive one, and also sends a message to those that tried to assasinate Ava. "We are not afraid."
- It was a pretty popular event the first time.
- Pod pilots know there's always a risk when out of pod, and that rarely stops them.
- For the cause.
-OOChé

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2013, 07:27 »

You know, Backstage puts these little teasers for topic names in the "last post" thing.

All I saw was up to "This time".

My brain filled in the rest with ", it's sexual~" thanks to all the wisecracks (mostly mine) from the previous thread.

1) Yes, as one of the two people who would, in theory, be getting messy.
2) Morwen could be convinced. Especially if Reppy caught wind of it, then it would be more a "I don't have a choice in the matter". Of course she actually arrived to Round 1 wearing suitable clothing under everything else, just in case Pieter sissied out.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2013, 07:31 »

1) Would you like a Round II OOCly?

Yes, it was a fun event.

2) Would you like a Round II ICly?

Afraid not. Even if it was in neutral space, it's "too soon" after the events of the last one. I highly doubt Samira would go to another one already, even if pressured by a friend (which was the only reason she went to the last one).

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:03 »

1) There's always room for jello ! On the other hand, part of the fun I have IC is that since the fight didn't reach its proper conclusion, it leaves room to poke a little fun at one another between Avists and Pieterists :)

2) Exercise in variations on the word "no" : too close, too soon. Part of Adreena supporting the jello-wrestling was, while an occasion to release steam and laugh, its form couldn't be related in any way to the shooting itself :)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Anslol

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:31 »

So it's sort of in the middle now.

I realize that under normal circumstances that asking opinions on an RP event OOCly is kind of cheap and some people see it as taboo. However, I don't want to waste time putting something together with others and coordinating schedules if only a few would bother with it when I could be studying or working or some such.

So I apologize if it's kind of eh of me to be asking.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:53 »

I wouldn't stress overmuch about it being taboo, I think it's pretty understandable to be asking.

As for myself:

1) Yes.
2) Undecided. Uriel would like to support a charitable outreach but perhaps this is not the way to pursue it.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:00 »

1) Yes, but as has been said it's too soon.
2) In time, yes.

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:06 »

1.  Yes on the simple grounds that some people missed the first one.
2.  Yes, because Uraniae supports strides for the mostly malevolent space demigods to do things to keep from getting that full of themselves.  Jello wrestling is just one way of not being totally serious about the whole "asteroid cold killer captains" of the universe.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:14 »

Sounds like people had fun!

Too soon by far though.  Move your assassin plot forward, let that percolate or develop, maybe have that wrapped before a round two, otherwise there's no resolution and the same circumstances exist.  Jello wrestling -again- seems odd with an unresolved mystery and danger afoot, so to speak.

Give it a few months and go for it.

Anslol

« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:41 »

Crap I forgot Anslo had the guy's body....he...hehe.

OK all, thanks for the feedback!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:02 »

1) Yes!
2) Yes.
3) I will instead provide reasons why it should be hosted or why people would come again, as those are the ones you can't see :P:
- The first match was never finished.
- Bets were placed.
- Replaces the negative ending with a positive one, and also sends a message to those that tried to assasinate Ava. "We are not afraid."
- It was a pretty popular event the first time.
- Pod pilots know there's always a risk when out of pod, and that rarely stops them.
- For the cause.

I could provide a carbon-copy of what was stated here. Instaed I will repeat a tried and true tradition.

Ahem.

"This.^"

;)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:02 »

Exactly. If we don't do Jello Match 2, then the terrorists - I mean assassins - have won.

Anslol

« Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:04 »

I think the appropriate IC response is to wait. While a jello match Round 2 might be warranted and wanted, it's not the right time, too soon. Besides, we still have to wrap up the whole arc as well.

I'll give it a few weeks and test IC sentiment IG and go from there.

.....I also will def need a new suite...and shtick...and everything.  :P

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:23 »

This was a very fun event. More like it would be very welcome! It was fun, exciting, and had the right number of people. Sometimes good events have too many players and I get a headache from trying to track what forty people are doing (examples KoTMC ball, Silas' parties.) Having more events end without a dramabomb would be awesome.

IC: I'm not sure. Karmilla was very entertained but glaring security problem is an issue. Tabor has very strong opinions against repeating the event, but really it wouldn't be his decision.
Pages: [1] 2