Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: OK I'm Annoyed (Luminaire Rant)  (Read 3590 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: OK I'm Annoyed (Luminaire Rant)
« Reply #15 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:59 »

While it wouldn't help me any, it is pretty clear when peak server hours are: 18-2100 UTC.

It would seem reasonable to try and have the majority of events during that time block.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #16 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:03 »

The most likely explanation is that CCP needs more hands on deck to run it than it can justify keeping around outside office hours. Sucks, but that's life.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:21 »

The event might also last for several hours of fighting, bringing in fresh players as they log in and others log off.

Also it's a big cluster, things are going to happen far away and at awful times for many of New Eden's inhabitants.

Live events team has stated several times they will be making effort to do special and more events for the US crowd, let's not forget this means many of them staying up ridiculously late, after work hours, just for us to get our space rp in.

I'd rather have Eve Devs run a big event 'all hands on deck' at the best time they can, rather than a skeleton crew that might diminish the spectacle.

Additionally I also like that events will happen at odd times and locations, it makes little sense for every RPer to be free, at the location, and participating.  It's a big cluster out there.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2013, 09:07 »

[mod]Thread cleaned and unlocked.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 09:35 by Ciarente »
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:00 »

I'm starting to think that they may be triggering this event early simply because they want it to be over by the time PAX east kicks off, so that they have a completed, wrapped-up Dust-EVE, player-storyline event to show off to the masses.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:05 »

Depending on how many people show up, they may also be thinking of time dilation effects. Not sure how many players need to be in a system before they start slowing the clock, but an event this big? In highly-populated space? It's not impossible. Heck, people might start showing up before the tenth salvo is ever fired, depending on the number of bodies (so to speak) thrown at the problem.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:09 »

There is a clear solution to this problem:

Call in sick.

Anslol

« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:20 »

Call in sick.

No can do. I oversee a lot of drug trials and I need to be there. Unless I notify my super that I'm taking off a WEEK or two in advance, I'm not going anywhere. Also I was sick last week with whatever was going around the office.

Bottom line, RL/Career/Professionalism will and should ALWAYS come before a game. But that doesn't mean I won't speak about my annoyance at the lack of ability for working people who can't just take days off to take part in world shaping and completely epic events.

And this isn't rage or anything directed at you Aldrith, I'm just venting so, I apologize if this comes off as prickly.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:23 »

I would give calling in sick and working from home tomorrow serious thought if I had not already worked from home on Tuesday due to inclement weather and poor driving conditions.

I'm personally ahead of my schedule and assignments at work, but my supervisor likes piling stuff on as soon as space appears in the queue, so I'd still have shit to get done. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:29 »

I simply can't afford to call out.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:22 »

As someone who has missed all but one Live Event due to TZ issues, not to mention a gazillion player-organised events that Cia(c) would have broken her neck to get to, I understand the frustration - and am very glad that something is happening in a timezone I have a chance of attending for once.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Anslol

« Reply #26 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:30 »

As someone who has missed all but one Live Event due to TZ issues, not to mention a gazillion player-organised events that Cia(c) would have broken her neck to get to, I understand the frustration - and am very glad that something is happening in a timezone I have a chance of attending for once.

If the Titan starts moving, use an MWD plated trimark Mega to BUMP IT TO HIGH HELL.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #27 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:25 »

Call in sick.

No can do. I oversee a lot of drug trials and I need to be there. Unless I notify my super that I'm taking off a WEEK or two in advance, I'm not going anywhere. Also I was sick last week with whatever was going around the office.

Bottom line, RL/Career/Professionalism will and should ALWAYS come before a game. But that doesn't mean I won't speak about my annoyance at the lack of ability for working people who can't just take days off to take part in world shaping and completely epic events.

And this isn't rage or anything directed at you Aldrith, I'm just venting so, I apologize if this comes off as prickly.

Well, I still see Falcon late in the evening quite often the rare times I find the time to log in, and that is already a proof of dedication to me. Maybe he can actually use his CCP accounts out of work, but I seriously doubt it... Can he ? Any of the actors ?

Take it as a personnal feedback from someone working in video games, also. People always expect us to do overtime since after all, "it must be a cool work and you are all passionated about what you do, etc etc". Some companies even more than the average joe. We are paid almost nothing, we work like hell to get things done in time, so yes indeed, you must be quite motivated and like what you do.

But it is unfair to assume that because it's a game, game employees always have to put the game before everything else. Not saying that you actually stated such a thing, but I find it rather rude in the first place. Maybe I put too much interpretation in that topic, too. vOv

Indeed, RL career/professionalism will and should always come before a game. That's the case for CCP actors too.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 13:28 by Lyn Farel »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #28 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:31 »

If he's on late I think he's usually at the office. He usually comments about having to "head home" when he's logging off.

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #29 on: 21 Mar 2013, 13:41 »

And you know what makes me annoyed?
A certain someone, who troll about my bad english IC-ly.
*Looks at this certain someone in this forum with incinerating look*
Annoys so much that im about to start suicide podding in highsec and <censored> my sec status.
Pages: 1 [2] 3