Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: OK I'm Annoyed (Luminaire Rant)  (Read 3589 times)

Anslol

OK I'm Annoyed (Luminaire Rant)
« on: 21 Mar 2013, 06:54 »

It's not breaking news that all of CCP's Live Events have been in the Euro Time Zone for quite some time now, which makes sense since their offices are in Iceland. I've been understanding about it, accepting it, and just moving on past the fact that I and other Americans can't take place in a single live event due to work, school, and other day time activities we need to get done as adults.

But now, the potentially single largest and most  epic event is about to unfold over Luminaire this Friday at the same time American's are getting their first cup of office coffee and getting to work.

What the actual fuck man. :|

Like I said, I know it's a European based office and all, but couldn't there have been at least SOME middle ground? I know I'm going to get flamed and blamed for not being understanding and being told 'well why do the Europeans have to deal with bad hours?'

But I frankly don't care. This giant event is about to happen and I and many others will only be able to watch forum updates IF their workplace doesn't filter it. God dammit.  :bash:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: OK I'm Annoyed (Luminaire Rant)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2013, 06:58 »

I'll probably be in english class.

kinda sucks yeah. vov.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:00 »

It does suck, but such is the life of international gaming.

To be quite honest, it's one of the few games I've played where timing ISN'T centered around Americans, so perhaps it's karma?
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:03 »

Karma? We're missing the biggest event in Eve since the Seyllin incident and you're bringing up karma?

Seriously?

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:06 »

Karma? We're missing the biggest event in Eve since the Seyllin incident and you're bringing up karma?

Seriously?

I understand you're upset, perhaps the joke was in bad taste. For that, I apologize. It was an attempt at levity.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:08 »

If it's any consolation, friday afternoon UTC isn't even good for employed, studying, or otherwise commited Europeans, which is a pretty large proportion.

Gabriel Darkefyre

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:10 »

For what it's worth, a good chunk of the Euro's will also miss the event, or at least the start of it. Afternoon UTC is pretty much right in the middle of the Workday here in the UK. For me, I'll likely log in around 3-4 Hours after the event starts so it'll likely be over.

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:12 »

Seriously?

I understand you're upset, perhaps the joke was in bad taste. For that, I apologize. It was an attempt at levity.

It's fine, I'm sorry I snapped. It's just this one event is HUGE, like Clear Skies returning from Jove Space to suicide gank another Titan's hydrazine tanks huge, and I'll be reviewing patient adverse event reports for a second rate drug. Fuck man, just fuck.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:12 »

If it's any consolation, friday afternoon UTC isn't even good for employed, studying, or otherwise commited Europeans, which is a pretty large proportion.

That.

I get home at 19:00 (18:00 ETC) and miss most of the stuff as well. The ones benefiting the most out of it must probably be middle-east/asia.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:33 »

Seriously?

Lol. Since we all had such a big role in that event, and it totes didn't happen entirely during downtime...right guys...right?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Zakar Shazih

« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:33 »

The timing is awful for Euros too.

Anslol

« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:35 »

Seriously?

Lol. Since we all had such a big role in that event, and it totes didn't happen entirely during downtime...right guys...right?

No we didn't take part in it, but was still a world shaping event. I'm trying to say that this event is equally as world shaping AND it's happening live.

Not during downtime, not as a patch, not as an aesthetic addition to the static models in the game, but LIVE. And apparently, both American's AND Europeans are getting shafted on it.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:37 »

The ones benefiting the most out of it must probably be middle-east/asia.

And the AU/TZ. Woot!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:41 »

Middle-east/asia you say?   8)
I might totally come and mess around  :roll:

Desiderya

« Reply #14 on: 21 Mar 2013, 07:47 »

Someone is always getting shafted by TZs. I'll most likely be running late for the event as well, since I'll be facing troubles convincing my boss to let me go early. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3