Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety in RP?  (Read 1466 times)

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
Re: Anxiety in RP?
« Reply #15 on: 18 Mar 2013, 19:42 »

I'm probably a bad person to contribute to this thread. My existence is anxiety.

If your existence is anxiety, then maybe we all should be a little more anxious.  Seems to have worked out well on your end of things.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #16 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:00 »

I know how this feels.

Mostly because I don't know all PF everywhere but most in regards to my chosen faction and such. My toon however supposedly live in this universe and has had longer than I have been alive to get intimate with how history goes and his own view-points. So when someone goes and miss-represents history, spreads lies, makes claims that are utter propaganda etc. and both BB and me feel like dipping into this because damn it, if childish slander and libel from supposedly intelligent people can go unopposed. If I am to correct anyone on their miss presentation of history to suit their needs or anything, I need to know that myself.

What if I make a mistake?

What if I was wrong, or expressed the counter-argument in a way that can be misunderstood, either accidentally or intentionally, etc.

It can get tense, but at times I have BB make a mistake on purpose, because well, perfect toons are boring and not all of my toon's shortcomings are easy to spot.

Anxiety OOC around RP very much happens.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #17 on: 19 Mar 2013, 03:45 »

I only real feel this in confrontational rp, and only then because it is a truly level playing field should all parties have a command of their respective arguments.  In a way, I feel this is why I rp at all, not to be in constant confrontation, but so that when I am, some of the old 'pvp jitter' creeps into the experience to give it a bit more edge. 

After all, fighting with words is a bit more involved than F1'ing you into the clone bay.  Other emotive rp, I generally engage in behind closed door (the familial corp stuff, bickering, recrimination, old friends, loss of friends etc) which mitigates any anxiety due to the 'all friends here' nature of the event.  There is still value in the latter for me, but the anxiety, the little spike of 'this could go eitherway, get derp, or be amazing', happens with the general public. 

The again my primary motivator is stress (too lazy to try hard earlier, too driven to not get it done before deadline), so that could explain it. 
Pages: 1 [2]