Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Author Topic: Ixiris and Music Things  (Read 946 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Ixiris and Music Things
« on: 15 Oct 2012, 05:31 »

So I have established, through a process of careful and painstaking analysis made with great effort on my part [spoiler]in that people have, without prompting, directly told me[/spoiler] that people quite like it when I play music on the internet in a sequential manner with occasional interludes in which I portray my character saying vaguely amusing or whimsical things. In fact, at the recent Veto meet, I was asked by two seperate people if I would do semi-regular DJ sets for their roleplay hangouts. In the case of one of these people, I was forced to decline on account of them being Sansha, one of two sets of people Andreus would unambigously never work for, and in the other case I'm in the somewhat embarassing position of, due to the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed during the event, unable to remember precisely who they were.

But yeah, I was planning on coming back to EVE either before or during Retribution, and doing some manner of musical event, since people seem to enjoy those (and I made more than 100m in tips off the party in Dodixie!). So I have a general sort of question to ask in relation to all of this:

Does the EVE universe have the equivalent of Halloween, and if I were to do a radio show for such an event, in what system should I hold it? I was thinking Rancer, Amamake or perhaps Torrinos for the humour value of the fear these systems seem to hold, but obviously somewhere like Dodixie would be a better choice in terms of accessibility and audience participation.

NISYN Aelisha

Re: Ixiris and Music Things
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2012, 06:05 »

I can assume at least one home world would have some form of 'Harvest' or Fall holiday event, so I see no reason not to hand wave a cluster wide event on any scale.  For a start commercialization of holidays may even make the less decadent (or conservative) events attractive across all of EVE as an excuse to break from the usual 9-5. 

Even more exclusively, if we can find a date around that time for some capsuleer specific event, it may even be a sub-society thing, basically 'immortals only dear'.  So I say go for it, it is always good to have people using the metagame for more creative purposes than slagging each other off and spying (as much as I love both), so I'd back an 'apolitical' (unless you're about to see the light and back the State) event that had a good music set.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:37 »

Cash prize tournament just opened for signups. Maybe find a way to relate it to that?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:17 »

Halloween, Walpurgisnacht and such are all feast days with an underlying idea of the supernatural world and afterlife being closer together than usual; what better mediators at a time like that than the *real* walking dead?

We could call it the Ghost Festival.

B)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2012, 13:49 »

Halloween, Walpurgisnacht and such are all feast days with an underlying idea of the supernatural world and afterlife being closer together than usual; what better mediators at a time like that than the *real* walking dead?

We could call it the Ghost Festival.

B)

Oho, I think I see what you did there ;)