Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Author Topic: Looking for references to The Noble Exchange in-character ?  (Read 1917 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Trying to find everything IC about this thing.

Aurum

Aurum is a currency used by capsuleers when they wish to make payments off the record and outside of the standard DED ISK infrastructure. Aurum has recently become the sole currency accepted by Noble Exchange for their goods and services.
(from evelopedia)

When the privileged and powerful of New Eden yearn for commodities beyond what is normally available on the public market, they turn to the Noble Exchange, a private bazaar of diverse goods governed by the aurum currency. The spectrum of merchandise stretches from current fashions to those that are exceptionally rare or of dubious legality.

These transactions are overseen and guaranteed by CONCORD, but due to the fact that only those with access to aurum and qualified merchant corporations may use the Noble Exchange, virtually all inconsistencies, loopholes, and exploits have been systematically eliminated.
(from ingame welcome page)

What else is there ? The descriptions of the clothing ?

Is there an actual link to the Noble Appliances corporation ? or is it just a coincidence ?

editing: someone's mentioned they might have heard someone say something during the alliance tournament coverage ? Anyone else heard that ? is it on youtube ?
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2011, 07:39 by Louella Dougans »
\o/

Chowda

• Egger

The Noble Exchange values white skinned clothing more than darker skinned clothing.  Let's talk about that. :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Trying to find everything IC about this thing.

Aurum

Aurum is a currency used by capsuleers when they wish to make payments off the record and outside of the standard DED ISK infrastructure. Aurum has recently become the sole currency accepted by Noble Exchange for their goods and services.

That worries me. It worries me because if that description is accurate, then look at what CCP has been constantly saying about "off the grid" in regards to incarna.

everything is going to be Aurum /o\
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Does that mean Aurum will be exchanged between players without an ISK transaction being involved?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

still interested in who's seen/heard anything to link this to Noble Appliances, other than them having similar names.

There's a link to Ishukone, with one of the outfits.

Designer: Sennda of Emrayur

Most commonly worn by officers of Ishukone Watch, this crisp, stylized military uniform shirt bears their distinctive mark. Along with their variant of the Scorpion-class battleship, the Ishukone Watch line of clothing reveals a growing diversity in the corporation´s offering. As one of the first organizations to embrace the aurum currency, they hope to reach out directly to the capsuleer community with high-end commodities.
Men's shirt.

I don't know how to handle this. Ishukone Watch is now involved with aurums ?
Sennda of Emrayur would be an Amarr fashion house, yes ? Emrayur being in Amarr space.

So this looks like:

Corporations, and fashion houses, make products & merchandise.
These products are distributed by Noble Exchange.
Capsuleers spend Aurum on them.
The money goes back to Ishukone Watch and Sennda and so on ?

This feels a bit "Meh" to me, not sure about any of it.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Honestly, this reeks of something that was dropped on Abraxas/Dropbears desk and they were just told "make it work" and give half a week to figure something out.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

The Noble Exchange Welcomes You
To: Louella Dougans
INBOX

Fly in style!

In honor of the ongoing grand opening of the Noble Exchange, Noble Appliances is providing a special gift of 1000 Aurum to all registered capsule pilots. Please visit your local Noble Exchange retailer (found in your station services sidebar) to peruse our selection of top-of-the-line attire.

Aurum (AUR) is the currency used by the privileged and powerful to conduct transactions outside the framework of the standard DED ISK infrastructure. It is the sole currency accepted by the Noble Exchange for their goods and services. To acquire Aurum, you can exchange a Pilot License Extension (PLEX), bought online or on the in-game market, at the rate of 3500 AUR for 1 PLEX. All the related commands can be found in your Noble Exchange retail interface.

The Noble Exchange is the high-powered professional’s premium clothing and apparel outlet. We carry the latest styles for the upper echelons of spacefaring society, as well as more esoteric designs of exceptional rarity and refinement. Quality is our hallmark, class is our brand. Command admiration as well as respect – pay us a visit today.

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the GalNet capsuleer museum, a repository of the episodes and encounters that make life among the stars into the unique experience it is. Have a look, stay a while, and add your own experiences.

On behalf of the Noble Exchange,

Darmad Cirshan
Chief Operating Officer

SPAM!
\o/

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

I really liked the fact they went to all extents to describe this in IC terms.

And the email was a nice touch. Now to wait till prices come down to reasonable levels  8)

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord

... And the email was a nice touch. Now to wait till prices come down to reasonable levels  8)
The email was so nice I almost petitioned it. Thought I'd been spammed by someone. I'd bet a lot of people petitioned it ...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

There are other problems, relating to IC terms and immersion.

1. What is Noble Appliances doing with all this currency?

2. There are NeX stores on Tribal Liberation Force stations (and indeed other Minmatar ones).

3. Noble Appliances is an Amarrian corporation.

Point 1, stretches the believeability of things, I think.

Points 2 and 3, means that anyone in the Republic using the NeX store is explicitly giving currency to an entity that the Republic is at war with, especially so in the TLF stations.

How can anyone aligned to any of the factions opposed to the Empire, justify IC giving such valuable currency to Noble Appliances?
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Well, Noble Appliances may be Amarrian in origin, but it's not an arm of the Imperial government. Same reason the Federation and Caldari have lots of different operations in each other's territories, and Imperial Armaments stations in Republic space too. See Quafe.