Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Author Topic: This is the kind of RP I live for  (Read 2292 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
This is the kind of RP I live for
« on: 04 Jun 2011, 21:07 »

This is awesome. This is 5-star RP. Ammentio, I don't know who your main is, but whoever you are you're AWESOME.

[02:25:07] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Bonsoir M. Ixiris
[02:28:16] Andreus Ixiris > Well, Mr. Oinkelmar.
[02:28:56] Ammentio Oinkelmar > How are you doing this evening?
[02:29:06] Andreus Ixiris > Mr. Oinkelmar.
[02:29:10] Andreus Ixiris > I'm going to make one thing very clear.
[02:29:16] Andreus Ixiris > I know what you did, and I know what you were planning to do.
[02:29:29] Kiruss Dasun emote raises an eyebrow.
[02:29:41] Andreus Ixiris > I am going to give you an offer, which is far more than I believe you deserve, but I am going to offer it because I am a better person than you.
[02:29:49] Andreus Ixiris > I have the audio logs of the conversations between you and Mr. Broussard that you assumed were private.
[02:30:00] Andreus Ixiris > My offer is this: resign. Completely.
[02:30:06] Andreus Ixiris > Take yourself out of Gallente politics entirely.
[02:30:14] Andreus Ixiris > And I will ensure these logs do not see the light of day. Ever.
[02:30:26] Andreus Ixiris > That is the most generous offer I am willing to give you, and for a murderer, it is far more than you deserve.
[02:31:03] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Well this is indeed a new turn.
[02:31:16] Andreus Ixiris > I am not usually moved to anger, Mr. Oinkelmar.
[02:31:19] Andreus Ixiris > But you murdered my friend.
[02:31:26] Andreus Ixiris > That tends to bring out the bad side in me.
[02:31:40] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Why do you think I have anything to do with the murder?
[02:31:51] Andreus Ixiris > Because I have the logs, and I know what you told him.
[02:32:14] Andreus Ixiris > I also know who else you've been meeting with.
[02:32:40] Andreus Ixiris > And I know that you were supposed to contact me several weeks ago, because - this might surprise you - I was the one who asked him to tell you.
[02:33:08] Andreus Ixiris > The plan was to catch you in the act of attempting to distribute illicit narcotics in Federal territory
[02:33:26] Andreus Ixiris > It would have been supplementary evidence - your real intentions for shutting down Customs were made quite clear in the audio logs.
[02:33:40] Andreus Ixiris > Tristan dedicated his life to removing scum like you from Gallente politics.
[02:33:51] Andreus Ixiris > I will have you out of Gallente politics, one way or the other.
[02:34:09] Andreus Ixiris > I am offering you a graceful way out only because I do not desire for his name to be run through the mud posthumously in some show trial.
[02:34:34] Andreus Ixiris > I urge you Mr. Oinkelmar, if you have a shred of good sense - take my offer.
[02:34:43] Andreus Ixiris > I can promise you that I will not pursue you further once you resign.
[02:34:55] Andreus Ixiris > I swear that on Mr. Broussard's memory, which is, in fact, dear to me.
[02:34:59] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I have to consider it, seriously.
[02:35:09] Andreus Ixiris > I will give you fourty-eight hours.
[02:35:46] Andreus Ixiris > After that, a reputable news agency will be given the audio logs, along with emails that indicate Mr. Broussard's true intent for engaging in those conversations.
[02:36:08] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I have already resigned from my duties as the chairman, but leaving politics completely just sounds very difficult.
[02:36:38] Andreus Ixiris > If it is required to expunge you from politics, I will happily provide you with a raft of excuses that make you look like you're doing something heroic.
[02:37:11] Andreus Ixiris > Here's one that always works with the Gallentean press: You have discovered that politics is an exceptionally stressful career, and you wish to spend more time with your loved ones.
[02:37:50] Ammentio Oinkelmar > You really think they would buy that?
[02:37:51] Andreus Ixiris > Mr. Oinkelmar, if you take nothing else away from this conversation, please take this:
[02:38:00] Andreus Ixiris > I am being lenient with you out of respect for Mr. Broussard.
[02:38:27] Andreus Ixiris > I urge you not to push the boundaries of my forebearence.
[02:38:56] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I see. Well, you will get my answer withing 48 hours.
[02:39:05] Andreus Ixiris > And yes, the press will always buy that excuse.
[02:39:07] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Probably even sooner.
[02:39:19] Andreus Ixiris > There are others if you need them, however.
[02:39:43] Andreus Ixiris > Also, please make it clear to the party chairman that Mixed Metaphor regretfully cannot offer its endorsement to the GIPA at this time.
[02:41:41] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Well thank you for your lenience, M. Ixiris. Should I make the ackowledgement in IGS within 48 hours, or can that part be taken care of later?
[02:42:23] Andreus Ixiris > 48 hours, but don't worry. The announcement need not be long or insightful, it need only be final.
[02:43:57] Andreus Ixiris > And before you even question it, yes. I am a man of my word. As long as this single term is met, you will never have to worry about my release of these audio logs to any third party.
[02:44:32] Andreus Ixiris > I made an oath on the spirit of a dead man. In Intaki culture, breaking such an oath dooms one to death at the hands of the spirit's next incarnation.
[02:44:47] Andreus Ixiris > I don't believe in that sort of thing, but I do believe in the value of keeping my promises.
[02:44:55] Ammentio Oinkelmar ponders. > Well, I suppose I have to think about the best of everyone involved. I will meet your terms, M. Ixiris, within the time frame you siggested.
[02:45:02] Andreus Ixiris > Thank you.
[02:45:16] Andreus Ixiris > If you will indulge my curiosity, however... why?
[02:45:34] Andreus Ixiris > Why do it?
[02:45:55] Andreus Ixiris > Was it simple greed, or something else?
[02:46:32] Ammentio Oinkelmar > You mean leave the politics?
[02:46:40] Andreus Ixiris > No.
[02:46:59] Andreus Ixiris > Nevermind. It wasn't fair to ask what I asked in a public forum.
[02:47:35] Ammentio Oinkelmar > To hang around with M. Broussard? To have discussions with business people...?
[02:47:40] Andreus Ixiris > No.
[02:47:45] Andreus Ixiris > Forget I asked.
[02:47:58] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I don't mind the public forum, I'm going to leave this place anyway soon
[02:48:13] Andreus Ixiris > Strip customs, sell illicit drugs to the Gallentean public.
[02:48:18] Andreus Ixiris > What for?
[02:48:22] Andreus Ixiris > What was it in aid of?
[02:49:03] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Because people deserve to be happy and the society will become more stable.
[02:49:18] Andreus Ixiris > And you honestly believe that?
[02:49:41] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Things are easier to handle, the consciousness will reach new levels...
[02:49:42] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Yes, I do believe that
[02:50:23] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Under my control, Gallente Federation could have become an island of happiness.. of understanding
[02:50:29] Andreus Ixiris > But why not be open with it?
[02:50:32] Andreus Ixiris > Why the secrecy? Why the lies?
[02:50:59] Andreus Ixiris > It's not like politicians haven't suggested this in the past.
[02:51:12] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Because it's against the law and there are too many who disapprove it at the moment.
[02:51:28] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I have to think about the opinion polls as well.
[02:51:31] Andreus Ixiris > Why not simply change customs mandates, instead of asset-stripping Customs and Administration?
[02:52:09] Ammentio Oinkelmar > Well, that's abother issue... The customs are one of the power bases for the sociocrats
[02:52:21] Andreus Ixiris > You wanted Broussard on-side.
[02:52:58] Andreus Ixiris > Mr. Oinkelmar. Everything in me wants to say you murdered him because you found out he was spying on you for the Sociocrats.
[02:53:03] Andreus Ixiris > But did you really kill him?
[02:53:26] Andreus Ixiris > Or was it someone else? Or was it really a tragic accident?
[02:53:53] Ammentio Oinkelmar > No, I didn't kill him...
[02:54:08] Andreus Ixiris > Then I must look into the circumstances of his death again.
[02:54:10] Ammentio Oinkelmar > actually, I cared about him.. but now I know that it was all just a lie
[02:54:31] Andreus Ixiris > He believed in the same thing you do. He just didn't care for your methods.
[02:54:47] Andreus Ixiris > We all want a better world, Mr. Oinkelmar. We all want a safe Federation.
[02:55:01] Andreus Ixiris > There's just some lengths we weren't willing to go for that dream.
[02:55:17] Andreus Ixiris > And for your information, I've tried to reach higher levels of consciousness through drug abuse.
[02:55:27] Andreus Ixiris > It didn't work for me, and it won't work for the Federation.
[02:55:56] Andreus Ixiris > And somewhere out there, there's someone who knows how Tristan Broussard really died.
[02:56:06] Andreus Ixiris > I'm going to find him, and there will be a reckoning.
[02:57:03] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I hope you'll find him.. and have your revenge
[02:57:19] Andreus Ixiris > Oh, trust me. I will.
[02:57:24] Andreus Ixiris > It may take years, but Andreus Ixiris always gets his.
[02:57:53] Andreus Ixiris > And for what it's worth, I'm sorry it had to be this way.
[02:58:08] Andreus Ixiris > Had things happened differently, I think you would have made a brilliant president.
[02:58:41] Ammentio Oinkelmar blushes > Well now someone else will have that honour
[02:58:48] Ammentio Oinkelmar > But I have things to do
[02:58:58] Andreus Ixiris > For what it's worth, I wish you luck in them.
[02:59:11] Andreus Ixiris > I have to say my animosity for you has faded somewhat, because I really do believe you when you say you didn't kill him.
[02:59:18] Andreus Ixiris > My anger, however, has now transferred to the man who did.
[03:01:07] Ammentio Oinkelmar > I wish you good luck with your hunt, and hope that your anger won't fade, M. Ixiris
[03:02:09] Andreus Ixiris > Thank you.

This is the best RP I've had since my last conversation with Stitcher :D

Now all I need to do is work out whodunnit and have a reckoning and shit.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
Re: This is the kind of RP I live for
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2011, 21:09 »

It was great to watch that unfold.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2011, 21:51 »

I go to eat one friggen hot dog and you do this time me Andreus! I just know he waited till I was gone.   :bash:

But great stuff and good job both of you.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2011, 23:34 »

Even though I'm only seeing a part of the story IC, it looks like there's a LOT of good stuff going on over on the Gallente side. Assassinations, bombings, shifting loyalties...you gotta love living la villa Gallente.  :D

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2011, 23:50 »

Assassinations, bombings, shifting loyalties...you gotta love living la villa Gallente.  :D
qft

Vieve

« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2011, 03:33 »

Nice.  Two thumbs up, would read again.

(Though Celeste may be a little annoyed when she gets around to reading IGS.)
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2011, 03:42 by Vieve »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jun 2011, 11:52 »

Shenanigans! \o/
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jun 2011, 22:58 »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jun 2011, 23:03 »

Well, here's my understanding:

One dude was doing sneaky things.

Some other dude sneakily talked to that dude at the sneaky behest of another dude.

Some other dude entirely did something nasty, all sneaky-like, to the second dude.

Ergo, shenanigans! \o/
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.