Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor  (Read 9015 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« Reply #30 on: 18 Apr 2011, 13:51 »

To Hamish, Andreus is a very angry man who hates the Caladri State with an intensity bordering on rabidness.    He is not somebody who can be rationalized with, but is not enough of a threat to warrant action against.

I don't understand where Grayson gets this impression from.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #31 on: 18 Apr 2011, 17:51 »

I tend to see (from Jade's perspective) that Andreus is one of those ultra-nationalists who is more nationalist as a principle than Gallente as a cultural product. The various moments in our discussions where Andreus sides with Amarrians rather than acknowledge the free market capitalist attributes of fraction anarchy often underpin this view.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #32 on: 18 Apr 2011, 18:07 »

Well, it comes from Andreus' statements in regard to the Caldari on the IGS and his tone during the few times they've spoken.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #33 on: 18 Apr 2011, 20:03 »

In regards to the Federation, Mammal sees Andreus as more loyal to it than it has been to him, which he actually finds an admirable quality.

This being said, he is not afraid to criticise the Federation when it needs to be. He is also prone to dramatic and emotional statements, which Mammal sees, smiles and says to himself: 'Only Andreus.'

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:03 »

To John, Andreus has proven to be a reasonable man when approached correctly. Also MXD has proven to be one of the few Federal-aligned corporations to allow public cooperation, in efforts to help mend issues both past and present.

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #35 on: 19 Apr 2011, 08:33 »

Blake see's Andreus as much more 'practical' than the average Gallentean, but also (and more typically) emotional and out-spoken, which seems to be an odd mix, to a Caldari.  Due to Andreus' past collaboration with I-RED, Blake would not pin him as a single-minded nationalist.

Blake has a lack of interest in Andreus' links to Federation politics, but this could improve the more their interests and paths coincide.

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #36 on: 19 Apr 2011, 09:25 »

In character, Orthic views Andreus as a barking dog, or an illustration of the saying “The empty can rattles the most.”

OOC, I view the character as an unpredictably passionate patriot, though lately he has reminded me of a horrifying cross between Revan Nefaris and Jerry Falwell with his combination of narcissism and unwavering belief that he is right regardless of whatever else might be presented.

OOC, I think the player’s decision to jump up and down and yell “UR DOIN’ IT RONG” on the IGS (thus adding to the unproductive clutter) without engaging in the thoughtful OOC discussions on the topic that have taken place on this board is reprehensible, both because it adds spam to the threads in question, and because it's highly unlikely to accomplish anything, especially the desired effect.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 09:30 by Orthic »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #37 on: 19 Apr 2011, 11:10 »

See, that's the problem with playing yourself, rather than a character. You get too emotionally invested in your character "winning." And whatever potential you had for real development, discourse, etc. goes out the window when you become reactionary instead of contemplative. Things just go better all around if you play a character.

Just my suggestion, of course.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 19 Apr 2011, 12:01 »

Your suggestions haven't really been all that useful to me so far. I think I'll go on doing what's worked well so far.

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #39 on: 19 Apr 2011, 13:14 »

Out of curiousity, given how strongly you feel about the issue, why haven't you said anything in the various OOC discussions about the drones? 

Crucifire

« Reply #40 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:38 »

ORTHIC RAiSES A GEEEWD POINT

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #41 on: 19 Apr 2011, 16:03 »

Out of pure curiosity, what do you classify as "working well." >>

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #42 on: 19 Apr 2011, 20:26 »

Out of pure curiosity, what do you classify as "working well." >>

I haven't yet lost the respect of anyone whose opinions I value, and the minimal amount of inconvenience the way I act has brought me is far outweighed by the personal satisfaction and amusement it provides.

Don't worry. If it changes, you'll notice.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #43 on: 20 Apr 2011, 00:56 »

Well, thats all the forced cordiality I can manage this week.

Now for a token attempt at re-railing the thread vis-a-vis serious opinions, I don't think MXD is on the radar for Senn, personally or professionally. Only thing a search drags up is the old ISD snippet about the split from the Federation, Naqam, the blithe responses on an ANSH thread, and the 5 days spent with IRED in the current war.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #44 on: 20 Apr 2011, 06:17 »

Much like many others (Jade, Revan, Vaari) I see Andreus Ixiris as a joke to be ignored and not encouraged.  Epitoth hasn't even taken the time to try and learn what MXD are up to these days.

But that's only what my character has been led to believe by the Amarr loyalist community of course.  I know it's a given but still feel it needs to be said:

OOC, I love you all :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4