Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor  (Read 9014 times)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2011, 18:00 »

So, honest question here: in relation to the Federation, how do you people see me and Mixed Metaphor?

Probably 'hrr'.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 18 Apr 2011, 01:09 »

So, honest question here: in relation to the Federation, how do you people see me and Mixed Metaphor?

I don't know  :oops:

Aodha Khan

« Reply #17 on: 18 Apr 2011, 04:22 »

Attention seeking, weak minded fool.  :twisted:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2011, 04:30 »

Me ? Like a overzealous biased person toward the Empire. Besides that, someone that is intelligent enough to think right and have a great insight when the Empire is not involved. I do not know much about Mixed Metaphor, though.

Lyn, she has briefly seen him in Solitude for a little time and they were probably fighting for the same ideals here, but she had no serious discussion with him at that time. Now she thinks more or less as myself, though she really do think besides having a grief against the Empire that is clouding his judgement, that he is overcompensating a big lack of self confidence by being such a big mouth, and is always trying to justify his opinions to himself, also testing how far he can go.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 18 Apr 2011, 07:23 »

to be honest.... a federation loyalist, in a fed corp.... who seems to have the total inability to just ignore threads that have us drones in them.... lol...

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2011, 10:39 »

to be honest.... a federation loyalist, in a fed corp.... who seems to have the total inability to just ignore threads

FYP

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 18 Apr 2011, 10:44 »

Well how else would you know you were utterly wrong if someone didn't tell you?

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2011, 10:50 »

Well how else would you know you were utterly wrong if someone didn't tell you?

^ That's how we know Andreus. Only thing I know about MXD is that Naqam business that shows up in the "did you know" thingies.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2011, 10:54 »

If people weren't wrong as often as they were, I wouldn't have to talk so much.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #24 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:35 »

If people weren't wrong as often as they were, I wouldn't have to talk so much.

I said "Andreus." You're different from your character, aren't you?
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:44 »

I said "Andreus." You're different from your character, aren't you?

I'm not a billionaire cyborg spaceship pilot with an unneccessarily large collection of cultural artifacts in his lounge, no. After you get over that, me and my character are actually surprisingly similar.

Ammentio Oinkelmar

• Egger
  • zombie
« Reply #26 on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:54 »

On the whole, my understanding is that Andreus Ixiris and MDX are some kind of loosely Federal aligned soldiers, vigilantes or mercenaries, who are always ready to back up their words with guns. All that is good.

However, the dialogue in IGS makes me often confused. Maybe I miss the context, but I find it difficult to swallow that Luminaire Generals or military commanders suddently show up and tell completely unrelated people that what they are doing is wrong, without coming up with a counter-proposal that could be criticized in reverse. However, when they do act like this, it would be interesting to hear, what was the background that compelled them to barge in and risk the reputation and honour of their troops, and how do they even know the characters they are talking to? Anyhow, this is a generic thing, and I understand that sometimes the discussions are just too irresistible for some juicy side remarks.

The commenting by Andreus Ixiris shows in my opinion that his player has a very firm grip on the backstory of EVE, and maybe he could use part of his creative energy and knowledge to build up more good stories which wouldn't interfere with any piece of the PF. I'm pretty sure that most players would not try to discourage but support this kind of efforts, with all available means.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 18 Apr 2011, 12:47 »

I'm not a Luminaire General, and generally my comments about people Doing It Wrong are restricted to people who don't understand the canon or some of the concepts behind the canon. Right now this might seem like it's mostly restricted to the people pretending to be rogue drones (and yes, they're pretending to be rogue drones. That's all they're doing), but that's mostly because they are the biggest source of Wrong on the IGS right now. When something else crops up that sets me off, trust me - they'll know.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #28 on: 18 Apr 2011, 13:21 »

[mod]Do not drag specific criticisms of other people's RP (the fabled "urdoinitrong") here.[/mod]

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #29 on: 18 Apr 2011, 13:43 »

To Hamish, Andreus is a very angry man who hates the Caladri State with an intensity bordering on rabidness.    He is not somebody who can be rationalized with, but is not enough of a threat to warrant action against.   Therefore he and MXD are of very low interest to him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4