Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Band of Brothers killed the first titan in EVE?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor  (Read 9013 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« on: 16 Apr 2011, 17:14 »

So, honest question here: in relation to the Federation, how do you people see me and Mixed Metaphor?
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2011, 17:11 by Casiella »

Vieve

Re: Federation Roleplay, History and Tradition
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2011, 21:10 »

So, honest question here: in relation to the Federation, how do you people see me and Mixed Metaphor?

Two of my characters view the Andreus character as an explosive substance that detonates under conditions that are probably not at all random, but would require that they attain and maintain closer proximity to him in order to build an accurate predictive model.  Mixed Metaphor seems a good name for his corporation, for he occasionally seems to broadcast mixed messages to the public, damning the Federation with one breath, and swearing he'll defend it to the bitter end with the next.

A third just thinks he's nuts, but his heart's likely in the right place.  He cares far more about people than he does politics.  The Federation could do worse (and has) by not doing the same.

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2011, 23:45 »

Well, Simon thought you were a Fed loyalist, then he thought you were a secessionist, and now he's just confused.  He's absolutely positive that you hate the Empire!  I'm pretty sure I got the wrong idea of things back at some point, because I could have sworn that Andreus went rogue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  And of course, he's only interacted with Andreus vicariously by reading IGS posts, so they don't know each other.  I'd suspect Simon has more of an opinion on Andreus than Andreus has of him, but hell, I didn't start Eve to get famous  :|

Truthfully, I recognize the Mixed Metaphor brand but have no idea what it's selling.  I know you launched a carrier at some point, and I'm under the impression that the corp has been shut down and restarted a few times, but I'm not positive about that.  Like Moira, I can't seem to decide if I think you're a corp with Fed rp'er(s), or a Federal rp corp.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2011, 01:46 »

MXD has had a history of being staunch Fed-Loyalists if my memory does serve me correctly, as it currently stands all that is really around from an outsiders perspective is that despite whatever affiliations and stances around the federation, primarily all Andreus seems to do is find Amarrian people/things (Namely Vanguard Imperium/KP-V) and yell very loudly that we are the bane of all existance.

That being said, I doubt I would have it it any other way - with the possible exception of the reaffirmation of MXD's status within/about the Federation.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2011, 05:06 »

Andreus is working for the Federation again. I get the impression that the Federation understands he's a little bit fickle and has bizarre, inexplicable mood swings, and doesn't make too much of a fuss when he goes off and does something weird for a while. From an RP perspective I like to imagine that his case handlers at Federal Intelligence take bets on how quickly he'll be back running missions for a Federal agent.

I guess the thing is that my mood swings and boredom sometimes project onto Andreus a little more than they should - I get bored or depressed and want to go and do something different, get a touch bored with it, and then I see some people badmouthing the Federation, and I won't stand for that!

Vieve

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2011, 05:15 »

From an RP perspective I like to imagine that his case handlers at Federal Intelligence take bets on how quickly he'll be back running missions for a Federal agent.

Funny you mention that.  I believe Vieve's first introduction to Andreus was via Jules, when they were hauling ass to get to Malkalen after Noir proved that he couldn't parallel park.  Jules mentioned something about Andreus' going off his nut and swearing to murder any Federation folks involved with Gariushi's death (to which I remember her replying something like "I hope someone sedates him before he makes this worse").  Am I remembering correctly -- did Andreus spend some time in FIO-facilitated rehabilitation a luxury hotel after Malkalen?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2011, 09:41 »

That was retconned.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2011, 09:44 »

It's possible to retcon stuff like that? Damn. So much to reassess in my character's history.

Actually, maybe i'll just keep it the way it is, more fun that way. Retconning a marriage with Vieve would probably get me in trouble with Celesete.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2011, 10:18 »

It's possible to retcon stuff like that?

Yep.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2011, 10:52 »

Of course, my character wouldn't know that he retconned it. Much less my player.

Vieve

« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2011, 14:44 »

That was retconned.

Then it's forgotten.

Quote from: Julianus Soter
Actually, maybe i'll just keep it the way it is, more fun that way. Retconning a marriage with Vieve would probably get me in trouble with Celesete.

As in actually being legally married to Vieve?  One would think she would have noticed.  :P

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2011, 15:04 »

Of course, my character wouldn't know that he retconned it. Much less my player.

Because it never happened.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2011, 16:22 »

Well, good thing my character remembers otherwise, eh? Chatlogs, also.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2011, 17:12 »

[mod]Split from another thread.[/mod]

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2011, 17:39 »

You confuse me. I also confuse myself. So more power to you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4