Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Author Topic: Re: Supporting Your Faction (Mechanically)  (Read 495 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: Supporting Your Faction (Mechanically)
« on: 11 Nov 2012, 01:23 »

Over the past week or so, I was looking for RP corps who stood out as antagonists to my then-active characters (I since deleted the client).

I didn't get a mail.

It made me wonder, though: how does your character support his / her faction in terms of game mechanics? Commenting about what your corp does in terms of fluff on the IGS, in the Summit, etc. is one thing, but it can sometimes be a bit divorced from consequence and the game itself. Do you seek out people who profess loyalty to opposing factions, run missions for your own faction, try and develop it economically, destroy NPCs aligned with opposed factions, or something else?

I own the Angel Sin City in Akila and CCP's ok with that. Also, destroying Sansha and blooders in local CAs and belts and whatnot, and making claims on other Holder's properties, like Stillwater's invasion of Sechmaren a week ago.

People who live in lowsec and spend their time actually playing the game instead of making forum posts should know.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Supporting Your Faction (Mechanically)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012, 19:11 »

[mod]Suggesting people who post in forums know less about the game than people who 'live in low sec and actually play' is pretty blatant flame bait, particularly in a forum post. Flamebait isn't allowed. Feel free to post the rest of your post in a not-flame-baity way.[/mod]