Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Author Topic: Alternate Fantasy/Sci Fi book covers  (Read 1247 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Alternate Fantasy/Sci Fi book covers
« on: 24 Oct 2013, 12:50 »

Among my favorites: "Mary Sue Gets a Dragon" and "Knights who say "fuck"

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2008/10/20/mgk-versus-his-adolescent-reading-habits/

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Alternate Fantasy/Sci Fi book covers
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2013, 12:54 »

cant stop loling :(

Shiori

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2013, 14:51 »

Lost it at "Conan the Libertarian." Genius.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2013, 14:57 »

:lol:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2013, 04:37 »

From what I remember when I last read the Dune books (more than 10 years ago, probably 15), that one is pretty damn accurate.

I giggled at the Golden Compass one, but I don't think it was quite that blunt, even in the last book.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2013, 09:57 »

LMAO @ "Hey Kids! God isn't real!"

Author tracts ftw

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2013, 18:01 »

From what I remember when I last read the Dune books (more than 10 years ago, probably 15), that one is pretty damn accurate.

I enjoyed the 6 Frank Herbert worked on (Dune, Dune messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, and Chapterhouse: Dune).  I particularly enjoyed the last two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2013, 05:58 »

I was too young when I read them (secondary school) to really appreciate them how it should be, though I plan to re read them eventually. (soon(tm))

Though Children of Dune and especially the God Emperor were fucking boring. I hope it will be better now i'm a grown up.  :P

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 26 Oct 2013, 07:58 »

I was too young when I read them (secondary school) to really appreciate them how it should be, though I plan to re read them eventually. (soon(tm))

Though Children of Dune and especially the God Emperor were fucking boring. I hope it will be better now i'm a grown up.  :P
This is what happened in my case, I suspect. They're on the list to re-read once I'm done re-reading the original Foundation trilogy.

It's worth noting that I really don't remember all that much of any of them at this point (which is why I pointed out the 10-15 years since I last read them), aside from them kinda running on and on.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 26 Oct 2013, 10:54 »

Glad I didn't read them when I was younger then.  Filled my youth reading with historical fiction or straight-forward sci-fi.

Neuromancer trilogy, Mars trilogy, Foundation series, Dune series, etc all read as a 20-something.  Definitely creates a different appreciation for them.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 26 Oct 2013, 10:58 »

I still remember having enjoyed them though. Except the two middle ones...