Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Author Topic: Re: DUST 514  (Read 1001 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: DUST 514
« on: 10 May 2011, 11:10 »

Also, obvious reference to non-empire factions participating in DUST 514 is obvious.

If this becomes true, I might just get a console and the game for the sole purpose of gunning down droves of Serpents, and their angel pals. All day, every day, it would be a blast.

I object to your desire to do this on moral grounds.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Re: DUST 514
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2011, 11:18 »

Also, obvious reference to non-empire factions participating in DUST 514 is obvious.

If this becomes true, I might just get a console and the game for the sole purpose of gunning down droves of Serpents, and their angel pals. All day, every day, it would be a blast.

Your oppinion has been noted. And ignored.

I know where your argument is from and I'd counter it, but I've no interest in force-feeding the catacomb dwellers the fallout from said arguing, so this is all I'll say on this matter. I'd enjoy the game for the above reason alone, and your oppinion on this means very, very little to me.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2011, 11:29 »

I know where your argument is from and I'd counter it, but I've no interest in force-feeding the catacomb dwellers the fallout from said arguing, so this is all I'll say on this matter. I'd enjoy the game for the above reason alone, and your oppinion on this means very, very little to me.

D:

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2011, 12:06 »

Wait, what? 99.8% sure Kita was making a joke. Hint: Kita and morals don’t belong in the same sentence unless dripping with sarcasm. No need to jump up and down and say her opinion is irrelevant just because she’s and RP pirate.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2011, 20:25 »

Wait, what? 99.8% sure Kita was making a joke. Hint: Kita and morals don’t belong in the same sentence unless dripping with sarcasm. No need to jump up and down and say her opinion is irrelevant just because she’s and RP pirate.

I know she was being sarcastic, but the point still remains. Also, Niki and morals may not belong in the same sentence IN-GAME but here I'm dealing with the player, and I hold her accountable for her beliefs if they conflict.

Niki has a fan-girl crush on the Angel Cartel in RL, I have a love-to-hate relationship with the cartel and the Serpents in RL due beliefs and oppinion, these two don't match. I've an oppinion on Niki slightly colored by her views, whatever and whoever she play in-game is not relevant to this oppinion in any meaningfull form.

I'd argue that her RL stance is wrong ,but we have no use for a heated exchange of oppinon that is bound ot e modded to hell, and is not going to sway anyone anyhow, and all I wanted to do was point out that yeah; I'd enjoy DUST considerably more, migt even actually buy it, if I get to fight the pirate factions, especially the serpents/angels.

It's as simple and as constructive as that.

@ Graelyn - cute picture. That one actually deserve it's title. I'm not entierly sure what you mean by your comment, though.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2011, 21:08 »

Unsolicited advice: take a step back to gain some perspective on the matter.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2011, 22:49 »

Um...dude...

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2011, 23:07 »

[mod]Highly unconstructive (and other posts removed just for sanity's sake, as they reference moderated posts). Take it to PMs if you absolutely feel it's necessary.[/mod]