Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: GH-SC recruiting directors... in other corporations  (Read 7374 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: GH-SC recruiting directors... in other corporations
« Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2010, 16:24 »

I approve of this man and his message.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2010, 18:03 »

Heheh, that's not creepy. Committing a heist, then getting a phone call *at home* from a guy who can describe your house, and claims he's going to set it on fire with you in it - that's creepy. Happened after the Mirial/UQS heist.

That bit in that scrapheap chat log, about me having a cop on speed-dial, who handles death threats for me?

Not exaggerating.

Oh boy. I'd suggest you search the web for any details of you and have them removed, not to mention lock down your facebook.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2010, 18:32 »

My name is in the Eve box instruction manual, and plastered on a dozen issues of E-ON - I'm afraid hiding isn't an option ;)

Vikarion

« Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2010, 19:50 »

Heheh, that's not creepy. Committing a heist, then getting a phone call *at home* from a guy who can describe your house, and claims he's going to set it on fire with you in it - that's creepy. Happened after the Mirial/UQS heist.

That bit in that scrapheap chat log, about me having a cop on speed-dial, who handles death threats for me?

Not exaggerating.

Oh boy. I'd suggest you search the web for any details of you and have them removed, not to mention lock down your facebook.

Hmm. You know, if I were to tick off someone to the point that they tried to hunt me down in RL, I'd feel like I...succeeded. I mean, it's not every day that you can manage to create crazy like that, and all the more because the other person has to participate in it.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 25 Sep 2010, 20:03 »

Here's Mirial (and his expensive psychotherapist):

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/06/08/craft_addicts/?page=1

(who completely violated doctor-patient confidentiality by the way)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2010, 21:25 »

Heh, nice one.

Still, the guy was off the mark somewhat:

...and was betrayed by everyone he knew in this world.

Arenis Xemdal is everybody?  ;) AM survived and thrived after the heist. Solidarity peaked for years! Mirial wasn't abandoned until years later, when CCP came down on his head during the AURORA debacles.

After that came some serious crazy out of the guy. We had to repeatedly ban him from forums/vent/etc.

Despite all that, when I hear about you getting that call, another name comes to mind.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2010, 21:33 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2010, 07:06 »

My name is in the Eve box instruction manual, and plastered on a dozen issues of E-ON - I'm afraid hiding isn't an option ;)

Mmm, you can still make sure that (people) search engines don't turn up anything relevant.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 26 Sep 2010, 07:53 »

Here's Mirial (and his expensive psychotherapist):

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/06/08/craft_addicts/?page=1

(who completely violated doctor-patient confidentiality by the way)

From reading the article, the person being referred to is anonymised. The only clues as to the identity are the mention that the person played EvE online, lost $X and 'claimed' to have been powerful prior to betrayal. Too little to confidently identify an individual EvE player. Delusion of reference on your part perhaps?

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 26 Sep 2010, 09:30 »

Know anyone else that would fit the bill besides Mirial? I don't. As a result of this article, I now know the player behind Mirial went into therapy. Ergo, violation of confidentiality.  :yar:

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 26 Sep 2010, 10:53 »

Know anyone else that would fit the bill besides Mirial? I don't. As a result of this article, I now know the player behind Mirial went into therapy. Ergo, violation of confidentiality.  :yar:

I find your argument is flawed. 

While it is possible and even likely that the reference is correct, it is not certain that the person in question is the player originally behind Mirial.  Theft, deception, scamming etc. is common in EvE, and I believe it extends far beyond documented/reported cases.  If one cannot be certain beyond reasonable doubt, it is unwise to make claims of professional misconduct.  I'm sure you'd feel the same if it was yourself under scrutiny. That said, studies (including one I have conducted myself) have shown a dysproportionately high prevalence of mental health disorders in MMORPG users, which can be correlated with usage.

On the other hand, if you're so certain when you talk about professional misconduct, why not take it up? You can earn yourself another headline and damage somebody's career...*sarc*

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 26 Sep 2010, 11:28 »

I find your argument is flawed.

Yeah? Well, I find your face is flawed.

(oh dis)

I've been in a position to damage lots of people's careers in the past.

Just because I'm a jerk ingame doesn't mean I have to be one outside it.  :roll:

Besides, I made the connection not only based on how the "patient" was described, but the monetary value of his loss, as well as time frame. Too many factors in common for it to be anyone *but* Mirial. I commented on the violation of confidentiality because therapists generally don't issue interviews wherein they identify their patients that specifically.

I agree with the mental disorders bit though - my bag is anxiety and depression!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2010, 12:04 »

Charging professional misconduct isn't anything like "griefing" in-game. Assuming one were to do so, the appropriate licensing board in question conducts its own independent investigation and then issues a ruling based on the results.

In the case in question, though, there's nothing saying that the doctor didn't check with the patient first, who might have agreed to some sort of attribution.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #27 on: 26 Sep 2010, 20:49 »

Sweet burn.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #28 on: 26 Sep 2010, 21:56 »

♥ Istvaan
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #29 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:20 »

Leave it to Isty to get death threats over shit in a vidya gaem ><

Weren't never no gentleman thief. Always bein' a furry and doin' drugs.

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2010, 04:23 by Ashar Kor-Azor »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4