Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Author Topic: Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime  (Read 580 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:40 »

So, this is going to sound really callous to say but please hear me out, I'm not intending it to sound cold.

The reality of the situation is that it's supposed to be stacked against the Caldari. The Caldari grabbed Caldari Prime during a very precisely timed sneak attack when CONCORD was down and Tripwire was sabotaged. They know they can't hold it, that's the whole reason for the Titan and the threat of bombing civilians, it keeps the Federation at bay. If all-out conflict were to break out, the Caldari would have the odds stacked against them.

With all of that said, perhaps CCP is planning on spawning CalNav support to counter-balance the FedNav spawns? I'm pretty sure GMs can handle specific processes like that. I'm holding out hope that something has been worked out to level the playing field a bit for the players but I expect the odds to still be stacked against the Caldari, it's the reality of the situation. (I just hope "stacked against" doesn't mean "impossibly so and not fun at all").

I'd attend as Malcolm, but I'll be at work. :(

Then tell me how the gallente will stop the caldari from simply firing a doomsday into Luminaires upper atmosphere?

Oh, of course they won't. CCP Falcon is about to, yet again show his clear bias towards his favorite factions.

Seriously, I thought TonyG was bad, but at least he was a horribly bad experience for everyone and didn't go out of his way to stack shit into any particular factions favour.  :psyccp:
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 09:26 by Ciarente »

Aelisha Montenagre

Re: Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:45 »

To be fair, I give Falcon (and Internal Affairs) more credit than that.  I have no real basis to say that, but I just don't think favoritism is at work, just the unfortunate marrying of 'need for a big explosion' with 'that titan that has been there for 5 years'. 

Here's hoping the Titan MIGHT manage to loose off a planet shot - Seeing Reschard-style apocalypse events from the ground will revitalise my interest in dust incredibly!

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:51 »

Then tell me how the gallente will stop the caldari from simply firing a doomsday into Luminaires upper atmosphere?

Oh, of course they won't. CCP Falcon is about to, yet again show his clear bias towards his favorite factions.

Seriously, I thought TonyG was bad, but at least he was a horribly bad experience for everyone and didn't go out of his way to stack shit into any particular factions favour.  :psyccp:

So what if they don't? That's the gamble the Gallente are taking if they engage the Home Fleet, they're calling the Caldari bluff. I don't see this as clear bias on Falcon's part, I see him working with what he's got.

We've got a Titan, in orbit, over a single planet, holding hostages while surrounded by entirely hostile space - a device put in place by He Who Shall Not Be Named. The reality of the situation is something is poised to happen that is going to end poorly for both sides on some level.

If the Gallente call the Caldari bluff and the Caldari stick to their guns, there will be much civilian death. If the Gallente don't call their bluff and the Titan remains in orbit, then we continue to have this stand-off situation until God knows when that, in reality, doesn't make logical sense on either side of the fence.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:56 »

So what if they don't? That's the gamble the Gallente are taking if they engage the Home Fleet, they're calling the Caldari bluff. I don't see this as clear bias on Falcon's part, I see him working with what he's got.

We've got a Titan, in orbit, over a single planet, holding hostages while surrounded by entirely hostile space - a device put in place by He Who Shall Not Be Named. The reality of the situation is something is poised to happen that is going to end poorly for both sides on some level.

If the Gallente call the Caldari bluff and the Caldari stick to their guns, there will be much civilian death. If the Gallente don't call their bluff and the Titan remains in orbit, then we continue to have this stand-off situation until God knows when that, in reality, doesn't make logical sense on either side of the fence.

So what?

CONCORD has yet to make any move towards burning Pator and Rens to cinders for attacking the CONCORD HQ.

Which, you guessed it, will never happen. Clear proof of CCP Falcons bias.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2013, 09:29 »

[mod]Posts moved under Rule 3 (personal attacks); quoting from posts catacombed (mod policy as it makes no sense to  move a post and leave it on the board in quoted form in someone else's post); responses to catacombed posts that don't make sense on their own (also mod policy)   [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.