Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Author Topic: For those who didn't see it: IC Poker Tournament  (Read 1061 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

From IGS:

Well, I suppose it's that time again, fellow pilots. Another one of us crusty 1stGens is celebrating a calendar milestone. Some fellow Imperial loyalists reminded me of the upcoming 10 year mark for my first dip in the Wetgrave, and the discussion turned to throwing a bit of a party to ring in the occasion.

I considered the idea for a while, and thought...
A bombastic NeoCom thread? Nah.
A big gathering/excuse to drink? Meh.
A competition! Bah, ship combat contests are rather passe these days, and I don't like the idea of skilled midshipmen being at risk for the sake of mirth.

But after some pondering, inspiration eventually struck!

I'm pleased to announce,

In Association with EOH
THE CARDINAL'S TABLE - Capsuleer Poker Tournament
31 MAY YC116, 1800 Eve Standard Time

Take on your peers in a free-to-enter tourney, with good ISK on the line!
I will be playing as well (but ineligible for the winnings), bust The Cardinal out for money!

FIRST PLACE: 1 Billion ISK
SECOND PLACE: 300 Million ISK
THIRD PLACE: 200 Million ISK

KNOCKOUT PRIZE: 100 Million ISK for eliminating me from the Tourney.

When the Action is settled on the tables, Lady Shalee Lianne has graciously allowed hosting the afterparty at her Grand Cerra Manor on Huola VII [[Channel "Cerra Manor: The Terrace"]] for an evening of revelry and top shelf spirits.

I invite you, pilots, to come and spend an evening out-foxing your opponents with your strategy, daring, and luck at hand!

Please respond to this thread to be processed for our outgoing invitations, which should arrive 3-4 days before the event.

[[Tournament participation obviously requires a free active account at www.eohpoker.com]]

I'll see you at the Tables.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
Re: For those who didn't see it: IC Poker Tournament
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2014, 22:10 »

Yeah, I saw this on IGS. I'm absolute garbage at poker, but a chance is infinitely larger than no chance!
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Nakito Kobara

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2014, 05:54 »

Won't be able to make this but great idea!

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2014, 17:08 »

I really would have enjoyed this, but mid-saturday afternoon in the summer is a no go for me :(

Have fun! And remember the after party at Cerra - open to all!

Makoto Priano

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2014, 12:33 »

Was a ton of fun! Must do this again. :D

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2014, 15:04 »

Ibrahim's invitation was apparently lost in the mail. :cry: Turns out yesterday was a slew of graduation parties for me anyway.  :) We must contrive a reason for another such event.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2014, 16:37 »

My stupid job made every possible attempt to keep me from this thing.

They scheduled me in the day before to work during it, I burned some favors to undo that.

Sure enough, halfway through the tourney they call me in anyways. I made some excuses and stayed till the end.

Still had to miss my own party though.  :s  But that is the only kind of luck I've ever had with EVE, no reason for it to fail now.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!