EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > The Summit (IG Channel Discussion)

The Importance of Reporting & Community Self Moderation

<< < (2/10) > >>

Lyn Farel:

--- Quote from: Katrina Oniseki on 27 Oct 2013, 14:31 ---
--- Quote from: Lyn Farel on 27 Oct 2013, 14:21 ---
--- Quote from: Katrina Oniseki on 27 Oct 2013, 13:47 ---I'll wrap this up here for now by restating the concept that The Summit and OOC are not moderated based on a constitution of rules and laws. It is moderated based on the perceptions of the community and the moderation team on certain guidelines of behavior that are open for discussion and negotiation via the proper channels. Some things have been beaten to death, like slaves on camera (no pun intended). Others are more flexible to interpretation, like playing an unsavory or foul-mouthed villain.

--- End quote ---

Mh, if I understand it correctly, it's mostly the subject of mob rule and tyranny of echo chambers ?

That explains a lot...

--- End quote ---

In a cynical manner of speaking, yes, you could say that. We understand that this method may not appeal to everybody, and that's okay. We don't expect everybody to like our way of doing things, and we understand it's not the only way of doing things. It is our way of doing it though.

If you prefer a clearly and explicitly written set of rules like a ToS and EULA that are followed to the letter, there are alternative venues available which follow that format.

--- End quote ---

Yes... Thank you for the explanation.

--- Quote from: Esna Pitoojee on 27 Oct 2013, 14:50 ---Worth noting that we used to have clearly written rules. People complained they were to strict and inflexible, so we got rid of them.

Can't have it both ways.

--- End quote ---

Honestly I don't even know what to answer to that...

Pieter Tuulinen:

--- Quote from: Lyn Farel on 27 Oct 2013, 14:21 ---
--- Quote from: Katrina Oniseki on 27 Oct 2013, 13:47 ---I'll wrap this up here for now by restating the concept that The Summit and OOC are not moderated based on a constitution of rules and laws. It is moderated based on the perceptions of the community and the moderation team on certain guidelines of behavior that are open for discussion and negotiation via the proper channels. Some things have been beaten to death, like slaves on camera (no pun intended). Others are more flexible to interpretation, like playing an unsavory or foul-mouthed villain.

--- End quote ---

Mh, if I understand it correctly, it's mostly the subject of mob rule and tyranny of echo chambers ?

That explains a lot...

--- End quote ---

FML... Do you guys have to turn this discussion into WestSide Story.

Anslol:
Even more important, why is this not in Moderation Discussion O-o

Tiberious Thessalonia:
Moderation Discussion is for discussion of the moderation of this board, not the unrelated sister channel.

Saede Riordan:

--- Quote from: Esna Pitoojee on 27 Oct 2013, 14:50 ---Worth noting that we used to have clearly written rules. People complained they were to strict and inflexible, so we got rid of them.

Can't have it both ways.

--- End quote ---

There was also a lot of attempts to rules lawyer everything I understand, which as a moderator, I can understand why would be obnoxious as hell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version