Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well then, there is and end to everything indeed  (Read 1368 times)

Lyn Farel

Hello,

I eventually decided to leave for the better I suppose. It was hard to do, a bit surprising to see how one sometimes just can't leave after so many years passed on something like Eve. Maybe the release of Eve Source made it better for me ironically, but it was becoming a bit toxic to my eyes not to play anymore at all the last month and being more and more displeased with a lot of things, be it CCP or else.

I just don't feel at home anymore in that community for various reasons - the first one being that many have left and I feel that the community has changed a lot - and I believe that's eventually the case for most older players at some point, bare a few exceptions. That said, we had great times ingame and out, and backstage was probably one of the best RP communities I had the occasion to be part of (with one on SWG before), which is already something considering all the crap we see at the same level on every other MMO... Well, a mature, intelligent and sensible community is rare enough to be noted, at the very least.

I am not going to make a summary of everything fabulous and less fabulous that happened. I also happen to have a job, of course not preventing me to just not play at all, but Eve is still heavily time consuming, and playing it would basically mean that I got nothing left in terms of time in the week. I also think that there has been nothing left in that game for years for me, and the only thing that made me cling to it was basically RP, and the community. When you eventually look at the undock button and sigh, and think of all the things you can do but that you have no interest in anymore for long.... You know that you have had enough of a game. Well, iirc the little hours count told me something around 310 full days played on the game, which is almost one damn year... It's quite an achievement for me...

I even hesitated for weeks now to make such an announcement (you never know if you can really be done with Eve anyway) as I felt it was almost self centered and arrogant, but people and internet friends also deserve to be thanked and told about it eventually.

So time to retire I guess...

See you space cowboys, maybe somewhere else o/

NB : still reading backstage. Not going to continue to weigh my opinion considering that I am no part of the game anymore and all that...
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2014, 13:30 by Lyn Farel »

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Well then, there is and end to everything indeed
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2014, 13:42 »

Best of luck to you.

The frequency of these posts seems to be increasing...

Dessau

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2014, 14:41 »

We're not acquainted, but you are clearly very active in the community. I may be mistaken in my perception, but as a dissenting voice on many topics, you helped others to reconsider their thinking, either forcing them to strengthen their reasoning, or change their thinking altogether. An aspect of healthy debate.

Wishing you well going forward.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2014, 15:01 »

take care out there
\o/

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2014, 15:08 »

Peace out Lyn. We will be here when you resub.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2014, 16:44 »

I've always liked you, Lyn!

Best of luck, enjoy your new free time, and see you around :)

Scherezad

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2014, 16:47 »

Best of luck Lyn :) Will you finally tell us what Lyn's deal is? My guess is TCMC, but I have no idea beyond that. I will miss her, and you!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2014, 17:11 »

I've always liked you, Lyn!

Same !

Best of luck Lyn :) Will you finally tell us what Lyn's deal is? My guess is TCMC, but I have no idea beyond that. I will miss her, and you!

Heh, I didn't know people were actually looking too hard into that... So, no TCMC a priori, just HyCon at its finest I guess...

Though TCMC is an amusing idea... Who knows.  :P

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2014, 17:44 »

Can I have your stuff?

(Best of luck and all that)

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2014, 18:23 »

I didn't get many chances to RP with you much while I was playing, but when I did it was fun.

Take care of yourself.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2014, 01:57 »

Good luck and best of times, Lyn.

I always loved our IC interractions.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2014, 05:07 »

Sad to see you go, but have fun doing whatever you do, Lyn.  :D

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2014, 06:22 »

I didn't get many chances to RP with you much while I was playing, but when I did it was fun.

Take care of yourself.

Yeah that was awesome, almost to a cataclysmic degree of awkwardness and bashfulness (or whatever it's spelled). :lol:

Too bad we didn't have more occasion yeah... Same for a lot of people btw. :/

Good luck and best of times, Lyn.

I always loved our IC interractions.

Same !

Though Lyn never found the occasion to neut Mitty for what she did in her library. You do not fuck with the library. At all. Period.  :P

Can I have your stuff?

nope.jpg

Because saying "i'll never come back to Eve" is foolish.  8)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 01 Apr 2014, 05:44 »

You also?

*clings*

Be well, whatever you do! I will miss you!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:01 »

Same !
Pages: [1] 2