Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What brings (or would bring) you back?  (Read 4850 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
What brings (or would bring) you back?
« on: 06 Oct 2012, 14:52 »

Everybody takes breaks from EVE, in some form or another. They might quit completely, or they might keep their sub going and just log in for skill training changes.

So what brings you back to playing actively? Is it gameplay changes, or boredom with other things, or something else? Or, if you're not playing right now, what would bring you back?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Re: What brings (or would bring) you back?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2012, 21:41 »

Given that I'm taking a break right now, it'd be someone saying "hey Andy, come join our corporation, we're doing X!" where X is something awesome.

Reyd Karris

« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2012, 22:44 »

Sadly, nothing could bring me back at this point. Not that I don't love the game, but I just can't devote the time to it that I would need to in order to actually enjoy it.

When DUST goes live though, I'll be in the trenches. Shooters are far easier to get in, spend 20-30 minutes blowing things up, and then go change diapers/break up fights/whatever else fatherhood requires.

So, until such a time as my Nova knife/SMG/hybrid turret gunner skills are needed, I shall remain in the shadows; putting right what once went wrong, and hoping that my next leap will be the leap home.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2012, 00:22 »

EVE has literally been apart of half of my entire life. I cannot really imagine living without it, and should it ever go away while I'm still alive I don't know how I'll feel. So, for as long as I am able, I will be in the game in some function or form.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2012, 01:38 »

What would bring me back is a good question. I really wasn't doing anything that exciting before I left EVE, a side from RPing with a couple of other people. As much as people are posting here and there on what's coming out soon, I haven't paid too much attention. What I have seen of it, though, doesn't catch my attention either, unfortunately.  :s

I think, for me, the best thing that will eventually bring me back to EVE is to just give myself some time away from the game. Which is what I'm doing right now.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2012, 03:38 »

Roleplay would bring me back, probably. And new interesting things to do, maybe, as a bonus.

I have become so pissed by several things in that game that I can't help but watch these negative feelings overwhelm everything else (maybe the bittervet syndrome). I don't appreciate pvp anymore. Anyway I have never really appreciated the emphasis they put on adrenaline, the only thing I enjoyed was mostly the pvp itself. I further hate that kind of adrenaline since losing your ship basically means more hours of vapid farming. Everything is about farm. Laaame.

Other things I don't like, like tech escalation, recently really started to spoil the whole experience for me.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2012, 05:41 »

The people I fly with, the constant innovation of new art/tactics/marketing strategies of the people I consult with in both NISYN and WHG, and even the roller coaster ride of CCP and their customers alternately exceeding and plummeting far short of my expectations in professionalism and productivity keep me coming back.  Basically I like to be surprised, and the pleasantness or lack thereof in a surprise is merely an indicator of how many expletives will preface or append my description of such an occurrence :)

On the whole I have to say, between close friends and CCP surprises combined, it is by far more pleasant than not.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2012, 08:26 »

Let me see if I remember what I wrote when I quit.

There are a few items that would bring me back in flash:

1.) New lore connected mysteries to solve. I spend a huge effort on A'J and thought it was the best addition to the sandbox ever. True, Live Events are back, but they seem to be of the more "shoot stuff" kind and not really my flavor. I could also do with some new epic arc missions or generally new things to go out and explore (not to be confused with new DED complexes which I have no interest in).

2.) Add the sandbox elements to Walking in Stations. People need to be able to create, design and build their own interior in stations and be able to show it off to others. WiS is missing any kind of multiplayer environment and persistence in the world. Captains Quarters are fake because they are a facade that cannot be changed. Sadly, the current "big idea" for WiS seems to be some kind of instanced scenario where you might be opposing other players, but when the battle is done, every trace of it magically disappears into thin air, like a good pointless themepark battleground scenario. I was hoping for a more Minecraft approach to WiS, but meh.

3.) Opening up Jove space...
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2012, 15:45 »

EVE 2.0

Not this unfinished product.

A better iteration of whatever comes after they get everything 'together'.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2012, 18:06 »

Complete remodel of every ship in the game, or at least significant updates to the same basic model design (like the new Tempest, or the new Stabber). Art is what brings me to EVE. The more money CCP pours into their art department, the more of my money I will pour into CCP (by way of overspending on PLEXs to be able to afford all these shiny ships)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 07 Oct 2012, 19:22 »

I never quit (well, there was a brief period years ago), and I'm unlikely to start now, but it wouldn't hurt if they did a little better job with PF, and maybe gave us something interesting on the 'Incarna' side of things.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #11 on: 08 Oct 2012, 00:57 »

My original plan was to return for Retribution (since long before we knew what that expansion was called) if nothing has happened on my own front by then, before if something does. By then I'll have to finish up all things character-related, but I expect that, should I find a good corp and 'get back into it' for real this time then I'll find something meaningful to do In-game and likely be active again. Until then there are skills to be set.

Besides that, what can CCP do to make EVE more alluring? Plenty of things.

Things like...

Allowing characters to become official parts of specific NPC factions. Let's say I could return to EVE and have my toon join the Federation Navy or FIO or whatever groups are available in other Empires. Joining these factions has positive as well as negative results, depending on view-point. For instance, only Federation hull flown while in Fed-Navy. You receive missions and tasks from NPC superiors (run by CCP actors, preferably 2-4 per corp to lessen the strain) and have to follow orders given. Besides this your free to RP as you please while part of these and are directly involved in matters involving your faction.

Engagements between Fed Navy/Cal Navy elements led by player Capsuleers supported on both ends by NPC ships, halting raids by pro-Sansha Capsuleers integrated into Nation leading his incursions, dealing with rampaging 'freelancer' Capsuleers (average players), dealing with Serpentis or-what-have-you crime masterminded and executed by serpent-loyal Capsuleers, running official Duchia Foundry/Astram Mining/whatever mining ops to help supply your faction with ores, assisting in the research efforts of whatever corp you belong in and leading exploration efforts in their name, and so on.

In short, the ability to sacrifice some game-provided freedoms for the ability to directly take part in and assist the game-world's inhabitants and help in the direction the 'background factions' go. The creation of new PF and game-history in the process.

It's never going to happen ofc, due to a variety of different reasons, but if it ever did it would be awesome and I would be playing as much as I could.

Until then, Retribution seems like it could be a nice expansion, I've mild hopes for it. Also like Kat said, an upgrade of all ship skins and textures would be great. I loved the new Maller skin, I like the new Stabber, and there are few ships that won't benefit from updates.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #12 on: 08 Oct 2012, 09:56 »

Complete remodel of every ship in the game, or at least significant updates to the same basic model design (like the new Tempest, or the new Stabber). Art is what brings me to EVE. The more money CCP pours into their art department, the more of my money I will pour into CCP (by way of overspending on PLEXs to be able to afford all these shiny ships)

You were saying?  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 08 Oct 2012, 12:47 »

If that Mega is offical, I want to marry it.

What would bring me back?  Well, I know that I am going to come back sooner or later, but what would bring me back right now and damn my lack of money and decent computer?

If CCP were to annouance next expansion the start of a multi year story arc that would be totally player events run by devs where players could join both sides and over a series of both space and planet side events along with longer term RPing (like the AJ project) that would tell a grand story and end with a truely awesome revelation and fight with the last one standing holding some reward that could not be taken away but wouldn't really give an in game advantage.  Like maybe a private wormhole system that only this player and his/her corp/alliance could get into.  But it only spawns veld or something. 

Jikk

• Patriarch
  • Clonejack
  • Magister Dixit
    • Maritime Games
« Reply #14 on: 08 Oct 2012, 12:54 »

The people I fly with..

I'll agree with my learned friend on that point, but something has to be said that for me even when I take a break I leave it ticking over. Sometimes nice to pop back into the game with a set of new toys. I think the main reason is it's a game where it's what you make of it. I can be out of game for months, come back and almost immediately get into something interesting and/or novel.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Pages: [1] 2