Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are your long term plans in EVE?  (Read 3677 times)

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
Re: What are your long term plans in EVE?
« Reply #15 on: 04 Oct 2011, 18:56 »

Figure out a sustainable industrial corporate structure that is fairly easy to replicate, allows for characters of all skill levels to input into the process, rewards individual effort in a noticeable way, and keeps management to high-level guidance, strategic planning, and organization of mutual support.

Let CCP know when you figure it out, they'd probably love to implement it even if they'll never dedicate the manpower to doing it if it doesn't involve sparkly vampires.

Crucifire

« Reply #16 on: 05 Oct 2011, 11:52 »

Good thread! On one hand I feel like my response borders on spoilerish, but on the other hand I shouldn't be that conceited and nothing is set in stone anyway. Here we go:

Quote from: Short Term
• Finish up Frigate specialized training. I'm nearly there; EAF 5 and AF 5 will be done mid-December, before Cruci hits 1 year old.

• Get better at solo PVP even when the odds are stacked staggeringly high against me
Quote from: Mid Term
• Form an obscure terrrorist cell/death cult. This is something I've been slowly working away on for the past few months while I've been in an OOC alliance. I believe I have the core tenets out of the way. Need to work out the details and how I plan to execute it. Also members will be nice, I need to figure that out too.

• Interdictors 5, fly Amarrian HAC/HIC/T3 well enough.

• Make a (hopefully not awful) solo PVP video
Quote from: Long Term
• Have Crucifire come full-circle and return to her Tribal roots, come to terms with the Republic, and join/form a Matari centralized organization. She has already established herself as an enemy of the Republic (and Federation) to other capsuleers who know her, has committed countless atrocities and will continue doing so for quite some time, and has a -8.05 Minmatar faction standing. This will likely be the hardest thing I ever do in EVE and I felt it to be a very fitting late game goal.

• Finish up Cruiser specialized training. This means each race's T2 Cruisers, along with HAC/HIC/Recon/Logi/T3 (and maybe Battlecruiser) skills all trained to 5.

NO MISSILES NO BATTLESHIPS
NO GODS NO VEGETABLES
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2011, 12:06 by Crucifire »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 05 Oct 2011, 12:21 »

• Form an obscure terrrorist cell/death cult.

You probably have your own death-cult plans in mind, but I've been doing a little work with an Odinic capsuleer cult. We're the dead warriors gathered to Valhalla against the day the giants/Amarrians come again. It has potential, but it's not... a place I really want to spend too much time.

Crucifire

« Reply #18 on: 05 Oct 2011, 12:30 »

• Form an obscure terrrorist cell/death cult.
You probably have your own death-cult plans in mind, but I've been doing a little work with an Odinic capsuleer cult. We're the dead warriors gathered to Valhalla against the day the giants/Amarrians come again. It has potential, but it's not... a place I really want to spend too much time.
Interesting! I do have my own thing in mind, one that's much less theological and is just plain batshit crazy, but any organization dedicated to the extermination of at least 99% of New Eden's human population would be a welcome ally in the initial endeavor (such as EOM, though a conflict would surely arise when they have nowhere to turn but each others' throats)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 05 Oct 2011, 12:45 »

(and maybe Battlecruiser) skills all trained to 5.

If you plan to fly them in PVP, GET. BC. 5.

I'd put it ahead of the rest in priority.

Crucifire

« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2011, 13:09 »

(and maybe Battlecruiser) skills all trained to 5.
If you plan to fly them in PVP, GET. BC. 5.

I'd put it ahead of the rest in priority.
Why? Every ship I train is already for PVP. If I liked flying battlecruisers I'd be flying them by now. I'm not new to this; I've been PVPing since (almost) day one, and this is not my first character.

So.... no.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2011, 13:15 by Crucifire »

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2011, 13:36 »

Why? Every ship I train is already for PVP. If I liked flying battlecruisers I'd be flying them by now. I'm not new to this; I've been PVPing since (almost) day one, and this is not my first character.

So.... no.

That's why there was an "if" to start it. If you don't like to fly BCs in pvp, then it doesn't matter. If you do, it's more than worth it. Sounds like you don't.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 05 Oct 2011, 14:09 »

FWIW, in my opinion after 5 years of EVE PvP (also waving my epeen, I'm ~550 on battleclinic last I checked, so I'm not talking out of my ass about PvPing), BCs are the best bang for the buck of any ship type in EVE.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 05 Oct 2011, 16:16 »

Bacchtroll is trollish? :P

I <3 bc's, but you hate them for anything of a mobile nature, I thought. :p

Crucifire

« Reply #24 on: 05 Oct 2011, 19:34 »

Ah, sorry if I sounded snappish, Victoria. I presumed you meant if I had intended to fly any ships in PVP that it should be a BC @ 5, which is something I've been told before and it really drives me up the wall. Bang for buck is not really concern of mine either, I'd rather fly what I want and have fun doing so.

I have Battlecruiser 5 tacked on the very end of my 905 day skill plan (which I will change for nobody but me), and I mainly have it on there because I'm not sure where else to take my skills other than min-maxing every little skill I have at that point (and I did train BC 3 a while back before deciding again that I have no passion for 'em). And I'll probably still be flying mainly frigates at that time anyway.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2011, 20:07 by Crucifire »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #25 on: 06 Oct 2011, 01:44 »

I have Battlecruiser 5 tacked on the very end of my 905 day skill plan (which I will change for nobody but me), and I mainly have it on there because I'm not sure where else to take my skills other than min-maxing every little skill I have at that point (and I did train BC 3 a while back before deciding again that I have no passion for 'em). And I'll probably still be flying mainly frigates at that time anyway.

This. I've got BC 4, and never fly them. On the other hand, I have all the racial frigates to 5 and all the t2 frigates to 4. I train for what I fly :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #26 on: 06 Oct 2011, 03:00 »

Unmodified +10.0 to the Angel Cartel and the member corps. At the rate I'm slacking, and with how hot Curse gets at times. I'm still a ways off >_< Doesn't help when russians camp your local storyline agent 23/7, ugh. Once that is done though, I may do the same for Serpentis. Just because I'm masochist like that  :eek:

There's also some ships I'd like to fly at some point, bigger subcap stuff like command ships and black ops. Eventually I also want to be trained in all four races, something which I'll make a good move towards in the next year.

I'm a skill collector, so having all skills at some point is a goals too. Titan books are going to be a pain  :lol:

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #27 on: 06 Oct 2011, 16:02 »

Become a Speaker of Truths.

It may take decades. I'm ok with that.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 07 Oct 2011, 03:15 »

Kill all my investors.

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... uggh poison. :-Sad Face-:

(what happened to the Ishukone Scorpion? Or am I a bad man for wanting one?)

ISHUKOOONE!!!! .. but yes one of these makes you a bad man err.. bad ass.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #29 on: 07 Oct 2011, 15:25 »

Conquer all of gall and min space and watch the epic video CCP has for FW for the Allied side that wins.
Pages: 1 [2]