Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: kids are good  (Read 14227 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: kids are good
« Reply #90 on: 13 Sep 2010, 02:21 »

Oh Oh Oh and the adoption thing. Screw adoption, at least if you are in the US. Rather than adoption look into foster parenting. I want another kid BAD and my wife doesn't want to put up with another screaming infant.

Foster kids in the states really get the shit end of the stick once they are in the system.
[mod]Please review the rules, in particular rule 3.[/mod]

« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2010, 14:37 by Silver Night »

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
Re: kids are good
« Reply #91 on: 13 Sep 2010, 12:34 »

Oh Oh Oh and the adoption thing. Screw adoption, at least if you are in the US. Rather than adoption look into foster parenting. I want another kid BAD and my wife doesn't want to put up with another screaming infant.

Foster kids in the states really get the shit end of the stick once they are in the system.
[mod]Moderated content[/mod]

Harsh way to word it but a good point.

Unless you *absolutely* have to have an infant - if you foster an older kid you can make a huge difference in their life and fairly often you are able to adopt the child.

I know a story of a girl that was in a foster home for years, only say her mom once a year and when the birth-mother died (drug overdose... we weren't surprised) the foster mom did not have to fight at all for adoption and the paperwork was done in less then a week.  While she didn't get the girl until the child was 2 (? memory recalling correctly) that child was definitely hers.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2010, 14:36 by Silver Night »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]