Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 3966 times)

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2010, 23:11 »

Two accounts here. I have a Maus on one, and I'm working toward a second on the other while I keep the maus parked and work on a maxed out Hummel.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 17 Dec 2010, 14:33 »

Two accounts here. I have a Maus on one, and I'm working toward a second on the other while I keep the maus parked and work on a maxed out Hummel.

So it WAS you that I got into some friendly fire with. All us DICE guys weren't sure if it was the real Verone or an imposter.

Also for Hummel, get camo net + gun drive + rammer. That's what I have on mah Elite Hummel, can't wait for the Geschutzwaggen Panther.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 18 Dec 2010, 12:26 »

Fun game. I keep going back to the Jagdpanther. Gets across the map into good positions fast and can still hurt anything in the game.

Started the American tree. Watched Kelly's Heros too many times as a kid.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2010, 05:10 »

'Graelyn' exists, I usually roll with the EdgeGamers folks (whose EVE corp is in my Alliance).

I run arty, mostly.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 06 Feb 2011, 17:17 »

I have browsed this game's website this weekend and it does look particularly good in my view.  The ability to play on a match-to-match basis and return when free rather than being obliged to play definitely adds to its appeal.

How much time investment has it taken people to get to the higher tiers of tanks in their experience? 

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 06 Feb 2011, 18:47 »

don't have time to really dedicate to another game....its eve, a bit of bf2142, and civ5 when not in the mood to play against others.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #21 on: 07 Feb 2011, 15:49 »

My big question: does it have a Linux client or do I have to play with the settings and patch wine to run it?
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Major JSilva

« Reply #22 on: 08 Mar 2011, 04:43 »

The people in metalworks got me hooked though I only started playing alot more recently. All i have is the starter tanks. Im Silva117

P.S. Anyone willing to give advise to a WoT noob?
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2011, 05:15 by Major JSilva »

Vikarion

« Reply #23 on: 08 Mar 2011, 10:01 »

Learn to aim. Aiming is everything. You should almost never use auto-aim. Against TDs, try to hit the tracks. Against American heavies and some mediums, try to hit the hull (sherman is weak everywhere, of course). Against German tanks, hit the back. For the Russian tanks, good luck - their sloped armor makes damaging them very difficult.

Russian TDs are deadly but inaccurate at longer ranges and slower than german counterparts (mostly). German TDs, save for the Hetzer, tend to be death on wheels. As a light tank driver, most of the time you will be simply scouting for the artillery. Keep moving, expect to die, and track whatever you can. Honestly, I found light tanks to be less fun - I love the TDs, but TDs require a specialized sort of play. Try a bit of everything, and go with what you enjoy most.

Carmilla

• Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 20 Mar 2011, 06:23 »

Hmmm... maybe I should run it again..... new system should make it play better now

he he account is still there.... lets see how much it's improved :)

OOooh, it's better than it was \o/.... had a nice afternoon shooting and kicking ass until I got into tier three tanks and found the BLOODY ARTILLERY /O\ Rawr!!
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011, 13:42 by Carmilla »
Pages: 1 [2]