General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

So... whatchoo doin'? (Downtime Woes)

(1/5) > >>

Mizhara:
So, what's everyone doing while the servers are tits up?

Personally, I've written a blogpost, watched Eve vids I for some reason never got around to see and playing a bunch of 'offline' games. List of games I'm having a blast in right now:

1. Alpha Protocol.

Decent enough game. Interesting way of playing it, but personally not too impressed by the gameplay. The story might be decent down the line, but I'm not sinking too much time into it.

2. Space Siege.

Ever played Dungeon Siege? Yeah, this is the sci-fi version. Mindless action 'rpg' with no real roleplaying, just stat increasing. Brainless fun.

3. Magic: The Gathering. Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Okay, this is the game that confirmed just how much of a nerd I am. I am playing a TCG on the internet, and having a blast while doing it. Magic: The Gathering is still the penultimate trading card game, and this game makes it so much less... hassle... to play, while providing all of the awesome. More awesome, in fact, than the real life card game.

And then, the cream of the crop...

4. F.E.A.R (the original)

After I saw it on Steam quite recently, I rebought it and reinstalled it. It's bloody awesome. I'd forgotten just how much win and awesome the action was, and how insanely creepy the horror sequences are. Even though I've played through it twice in the past, I still get those adrenaline filled OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK DEAR SWEET JESUS SAVE ME! moments that just makes life worth living.

Gods I love that game. So awesome.

Anyway whatchoo doin'? What are you playing, if anything?

IzzyChan:
Overlord.  :yar:

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Mizhara on 23 Jun 2010, 22:32 ---1. Alpha Protocol.

Decent enough game. Interesting way of playing it, but personally not too impressed by the gameplay. The story might be decent down the line, but I'm not sinking too much time into it.
--- End quote ---
Playing this right now... Obsidian, same folks who did KOTOR II.  Similar gameplay to Mass Effect in a way, and yeah, story's decent enough... but Obsidian is no BioWare.  Fun enough while I wait for BioWare to put out another masterpiece for me.

Or maybe I should finish Dragon Age: Origins and get the expansion...

Esna Pitoojee:
Transformice. See: Izzy thread.

Ghost Hunter:

Playing a Japanese Loli Fighting Game most of the day, reading forums, responding to mails, reading Questionable Content. Oh, doing homework a little too, I suppose.

Also drama. Always drama, everywhere I go. I swear I'm going to start clubbing people to death with my Tao Teh Ching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version