Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Author Topic: Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat  (Read 1192 times)

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat
« on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:46 »

So, yeah.

Now, after 6 months of endless "Rawr, Matari bad!" as a result of the massive derpsplosion that was the Coleile/Brouteau arc, I am now set upon by people who claim Ava isnt "Minny" enough for... for whatever. I went from being the punching bag of the community for the evils of Minny society (that is basically what it was there for a month or two) to this... what?

So, let me ask this; are there reasonable standards, to which the community can hold someone who expects to be seen as a member of a faction "in good standing" and where is the line? At this point, Ava's "minny cred' is pretty well established, frankly, but three people have now made the comment, IC, that somehow she is all bad and not Minny for daring to leave faction warfare/EM.

At what point do reasonable expectations just become derp?

Those people who accuse you of "not being Minnie enough" should go kill themselves IRL tbh.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:47 »

So, yeah.

Now, after 6 months of endless "Rawr, Matari bad!" as a result of the massive derpsplosion that was the Coleile/Brouteau arc, I am now set upon by people who claim Ava isnt "Minny" enough for... for whatever. I went from being the punching bag of the community for the evils of Minny society (that is basically what it was there for a month or two) to this... what?

So, let me ask this; are there reasonable standards, to which the community can hold someone who expects to be seen as a member of a faction "in good standing" and where is the line? At this point, Ava's "minny cred' is pretty well established, frankly, but three people have now made the comment, IC, that somehow she is all bad and not Minny for daring to leave faction warfare/EM.

Those people who accuse you of "not being Minnie enough" should go kill themselves IRL tbh.

Really? Are you that keen to get moderated?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:51 »

So, yeah.

Really? Are you that keen to get moderated?

I'm pretty much resigned to being profiled, to the same degree as a turbaned brown man would in an airport in the United States. Anything I post on this board has a 50/50 chance of being moderated anyway so why bother?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:57 »

So you are advocating someone commit actual suicide, with all the traumatic effects that would have on the loved ones of the victim, because somebody roleplayed a fictional character in a video game that suggested Ava's fictional character is not Minmatar enough?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous and over-reactive that sounds?

No profiling there. That's just you being wildly offensive.

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:03 »

So you are advocating someone commit actual suicide, with all the traumatic effects that would have on the loved ones of the victim, because somebody roleplayed a fictional character in a video game that suggested Ava's fictional character is not Minmatar enough?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous and over-reactive that sounds?

No profiling there. That's just you being wildly offensive.

I am deliberately being offensive because I'm genuinely sick and tired of people going around taking a shit on other people's roleplay while they have done absolutely nothing to help improve it. My anger is amplified because I know Ava, and I know how much effort she puts into being an immersionaut for the rest of us.

Shitty people need to stop being handled with kid gloves and for once get told to remove themselves from society.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:17 »

I am deliberately being offensive because I'm genuinely sick and tired of people going around taking a shit on other people's roleplay while they have done absolutely nothing to help improve it. My anger is amplified because I know Ava, and I know how much effort she puts into being an immersionaut for the rest of us.

Shitty people need to stop being handled with kid gloves and for once get told to remove themselves from society.

yea well u gon' git deliberally moderater'd

u don think it b like it is but it do

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:21 »

I find both the statement and the responses amusing to my emotion sensors.   :oops:

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:24 »

I find both the statement and the responses amusing to my emotion sensors.   :oops:

May I kill these meatbags, Master?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:44 »

[mod]No profiling in action here - the odds of moderation approach 100% when you post shit like that, regardless of who the fuck posts it. It is entirely unacceptable to post that sort of thing on this forum.
Other posts removed for responding to it.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.