Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: EVE: Anime or Live-Action?  (Read 3569 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: EVE: Anime or Live-Action?
« Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2012, 14:45 »

That sounds like a cool idea. Not enough movies end with the bad guy winning.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2012, 22:24 »

Regarding 'saucer eyed' anime, this is why I suggested the Stand Alone Complex crew.  Adult-oriented, serious plotlines, and not 'cartoony' by any stretch of the imagination.  Highly detailed mechanical / cybernetic animation, and thoughtful action sequencing. Win.

My avatar agrees with this. Would be very win.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #17 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:52 »

Sample plot:
A regular capsuleer receives a Gallente faction mission to kill some sort of vessel or even outpost, protected by Caldari NPCs. Anime will show lives of NPC pilots, how they live, how they love, their hopes and dreams, and how they make their final stand against the capsuleer, and all die in the end.
And happy capsuleer gets his payment from agent and receives another mission.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 26 Sep 2012, 07:25 »

Sample plot:
A regular capsuleer receives a Gallente faction mission to kill some sort of vessel or even outpost, protected by Caldari NPCs. Anime will show lives of NPC pilots, how they live, how they love, their hopes and dreams, and how they make their final stand against the capsuleer, and all die in the end.

Que all eve-players never doing missions again, or having more fun doing them and Caldari and Gallente players bitching about bias because Caldari navy is losing/Gallente pilot is portrayed as the bad guy / :evil:

I'd love it, though, perhaps make it a dual story where two capsuleers from both sides are blowing up the other side's Navy and both sides are shown in a classic not so different(tm) scenario.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 26 Sep 2012, 12:53 »

Sample plot:

Que all eve-players never doing missions again, or having more fun doing them and Caldari and Gallente players bitching about bias because Caldari navy is losing/Gallente pilot is portrayed as the bad guy / :evil:

I'd love it, though, perhaps make it a dual story where two capsuleers from both sides are blowing up the other side's Navy and both sides are shown in a classic not so different(tm) scenario.
The whole point of the story is to not show peoples as completely evil or completely good (what I said in my previous post). You see two sides: a 'shield of hope', freedom fighter and 'all time democracy superhero', a mighty gallentean capsuleer. And the Caldari State NPC, who he has been given a task to kill, like all of us do missions. Simple braindead job for the sake of greater good (and money). And then you change places and start showing "stupid targets" as peoples with their own dreams and lives, how they protect each other and sacrifice themselves in the name of the duty. Those, who watch, should associate them first with a gallentean capsuleer, and then, suddenly.
This would be an effect, there will be emotions, this would be a bomb, not just showing two sides as equals (that I would find simply predictable and boring).

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2012, 13:51 »

Storywise it would probably be something that has some marketing value.

Emphasizing on the things that would make giving CCP money on a monthly basis a good idea.

A capsuleers story from a bushy tailed newbie to an alliance leader with ample amounts of boobage and jiggle.

Which would probably make the Stand Alone Complex animation style a good option, especially with the fact that we have three blooodlines already for the weeaboos.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2012, 18:12 »

While i'm sure this isn't exactly what is being talked about here...

the suggested scenario reminded me of some of a certain SYNE member's work..

http://baxtersecondtier.wordpress.com/chapter-stories/systematic-murder/

take a peek.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 27 Sep 2012, 01:53 »

I've just read it, very good! It is similar to http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/For_the_State_(Chronicle) this.
But it is again, one-sided. It shows only one side, that will suffer, and doesn't show another - attacker.

Start with attacker. Show him as a regular capsuleer. Or even show him as one of best capsuleers. Convince watchers to imagine themselves as a main hero. Let them think, that he is a real hero. That he is an ideal, that they are striving to become. That the task is hard to do, and he is fitting his ship, and have doubts on success, that he is in a suspense, but is assured it has to be done for greater good, to destroy despised enemies, and that he is desperate to get required money for new supercapital, because his CEO is about to hang him for not having supercapital yet.
And then
BOOM!  :eek:

I could try to write it myself, but Im afraid, that my language skills are a bit lower than required for a literature level  :oops:

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2012, 11:08 »

Ergo Proxy's animation style comes to mind as a pretty good compromise between standard 'animu' style and something more gritty that would be more appropriate for New Eden.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2012, 12:17 »

Ergo Proxy's animation style comes to mind as a pretty good compromise between standard 'animu' style and something more gritty that would be more appropriate for New Eden.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Win. Looks good to me!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2012, 13:04 »

Mm, anything seinen would work for EVE.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2012, 15:22 »

Mm, anything seinen would work for EVE.

No, no it would not. Seinen shows come in a rather varied display of different animation styles. Some of those work better than others. Personally I'd still go for GITS or Ergo Proxy style animation for a EVE work.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2012, 15:50 »

Ergo Proxy is too emo - GitS would work though. EVE is not really about emotionally scarred pod pilots with regrets. It's more about batshit crazy and  :psyccp: "awesome" capsuleers kicking ass.  :D

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2012, 16:49 »

Ergo Proxy is too emo - GitS would work though. EVE is not really about emotionally scarred pod pilots with regrets. It's more about batshit crazy and  :psyccp: "awesome" capsuleers kicking ass.  :D

I believe the idea was what show has an art-style that you feel compatible with the setting. Obviously the exact content and so on is up to any possible writers and such. I believe EP and GITS' art-styles work great, but as for the shows themselves EP is, for example, very dark-ish and gritty, far as visuals go. This is due to the setting, EVE's widely diverse universe is likely going to be more... diverse.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 30 Sep 2012, 03:25 »

Ergo Proxy sounds like a great visual choice to me. Even their clothes and make up sometimes feel a bit eve-ish.
Pages: 1 [2] 3