Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CCP is Coming to Town  (Read 2551 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: CCP is Coming to Town
« Reply #15 on: 06 Dec 2012, 12:05 »

Plenty of the devs actively play EVE - in fact they're all given three accounts to play with when they become employees. Whether all of them PVP or not is another story, but there's plenty of things to do in a fleet that don't require much more than keeping your eyes and ears open and following instructions.

My concerns with these caravan events are pretty simple: in the end, while they're going to be capable of wasting the ad-hoc "let's go blow up devs" fleets put on by disorganized groups of players who don't normally fly together otherwise, they are going to eventually succumb to the large null/low steamroller blobs - which is why these events generally end up with a distinct "let's feed expensive, shiny killmails to the powerblocs" aftertaste. Those blocs have a distinct advantage that everyone else lacks, and whether CCP likes it or not, it tends to mean that they're the ones who usually end up reaping the benefits of this kind of thing.

I'm pretty sure they'll be sticking to T2 fits judging by earlier forum posts on the subject, but I think that the devblog kinda indicates they're going to be carrying goodies in cargo. What those 'goodies' will be, no idea. Probably mostly the funny items that were added in the patch, but who knows? vOv

Me, I'll probably have to watch from the sidelines. I'm more interested in what fleet comp Fozzie is going to give them than anything else, anyway. ;)

Nano, railgun eagles with osprey support. You wait, it'll be the new meta pretty soon  :D

Alternatively, microjumpdrive fit Vindicators. And a hat with 'Leeerooy' written on it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 06 Dec 2012, 13:32 »

They should be instapopped if you hit them with a snowball.

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2012, 06:34 »

OOoooooo if I am able to be online for this, this will be my first time playing EVE during the holidays.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2012, 08:26 »

the issue of "loot pinatas" is something that's bothering me.

It is unreasonable naturally, for the ships to be loaded out with officer modules, the whole "devs feeding their nullsec bros iskies" thing, the timezone thing, all manner of issues, which are well known.

However, t2 items, have a much much smaller effect that still affects the wider eve economy, I think.
T2 items that pop into existence, if scooped from the wrecks and resold, diminish in a small way, the manufacturing processes, sovereignty and moon holding that T2 items normally come from.
If the t2 items are purchased from the market, then there is the question of where the ISK comes from.

There is however, a solution, I think ?

And that is a set of cloned modules of whatever performance the devs feel fit.
"Polaris modified Large Armor Repairer" or whatever. Give it skill pre-requisites of "polaris I" which is a dev only skill, and then it does not matter if the modules perform as well as (or even superior to!) officer modules, since players won't be able to use any that they scoop.
And then the polaris modules become souvenir things, and people can say "I was there!" and so on.
\o/

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2012, 08:28 »

Or give the CCP ships a flag that if it is on, everything gets explodey when they die.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2012, 11:20 »

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]