Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ships in EVE have crews?  Really.

Author Topic: The Water Merchant  (Read 1537 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
The Water Merchant
« on: 03 Nov 2013, 00:15 »

Myyona has purchased a new Nomad jump freighter and named it 'The Water Merchant' from an old children's tale she heard as little in the slavecolony on the planet Myyhera IV. The tale is likely Ni-Kunni in origin, but has evolved over time and is now being told openly to children of all ethnicities and social levels. And the children listen with glee.

Anybody know of this tale and how it goes?
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: The Water Merchant
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2013, 00:18 »

Myyona has purchased a new Nomad jump freighter and named it 'The Water Merchant' from an old children's tale she heard as little in the slavecolony on the planet Myyhera IV. The tale is likely Ni-Kunni in origin, but has evolved over time and is now being told openly to children of all ethnicities and social levels. And the children listen with glee.

Anybody know of this tale and how it goes?

I think I saw it in a player bio, as the inspiration for his character's name. Not sure where though or who it was.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2013, 07:37 »

I know it is not clear from the OP, but it is actually an invitation to a more literate mind than me to present a story that could pass as 'The Water Merchant'.

I am pretty horrible at writing stories, but I do like reading them. I will probably throw some kind of reward after any good entry too. Collecting items for ten years give me a lot of stuff to pick from.

I had no idea that other players already had references to 'The Water Merchant'. :eek:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2013, 08:37 »

Ask Kat for that, it's your man  8)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2013, 13:59 »

The character bio I saw, it was actually a Ni-Kunni horror story. Back in the days when the Ni-Kunni people were desert nomads, there were stories of a tall and strange man that would appear during especially hot days and seem to offer water to the little children. The man would lure the children outside the camp, kidnap them, and devour them.

Of course it was all a reference to how heat dementia can cause small children to wander too far outside the camp and get lost, never to be found alive again.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2013, 09:02 »

Not quite the tale I was looking for.

Or maybe it is. Hm...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2013, 15:06 »

I could write it, if you want.

Drakolus

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2014, 09:16 »

I started to try and write a story based on a Water Merchant idea but for whatever masochistic reason, I also decided to update to Windows 8.1.  During that process, any motivation to finish my initial idea dried up.  I then came up with a possible second idea...yeah Windows was still updating and that idea died a slow death.  And now, FINALLY my Windows is updated...and I am without motivation.  Well played Microsoft.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2014, 14:18 »

Maybe it's time to show my Ni-Kunni to everyone...

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2014, 23:17 »

Yay Ni-Kunni