Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The FW change  (Read 5424 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
The FW change
« on: 29 Nov 2011, 12:51 »

So...this is how it works.

A major, medium and minor "outpost" will appear in every FW system every 30 minutes. Other types (eg. installation, facility, compound, stronghold) will spawn at random. They will not stack on one another, meaning if you haven't done the three outposts, they'll stay where they are.

This means that a system could be made vulnerable in 5 hours (slightly less if enemy-occupied friendly system), if unopposed.

Hm...no idea what to think of that. If you make occupancy and plexing have meaning, then bam. Dynamic battlezone.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
Re: The FW change
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2011, 13:23 »

Hm...no idea what to think of that. If you make occupancy and plexing have meaning, then bam. Dynamic battlezone.

5h sounds a bit short. More like station ping pong. Hm.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2011, 15:04 »

it means lots more tiresome threads on IGS, by people with OOC issues against things, as you can see in several threads on eve online official forums and on here.

"oh, they only won by exploiting" and so on.

very, very tiresome.
\o/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2011, 15:05 »

We already captured Sifilar

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2011, 15:08 »

If they add to the time it takes, say, atl a day or so, then this might work. If not, it will be a domino-effect based on time-zones and who has the more non-FW alliance homies.

I think this might work well, if done well, but if they mess up, it WILL make it even worse.

Being a cynical hater, I'm going to vote for option 2. All of the Federal systems are likely to be lost again, only this will take 1-2 weeks this time around, not 3-4 months.

Let's hope I'm proven horribly, horribly wrong. I would like that, for a change.

*EDIT* Fixed some typos and altered some lines for clarity.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2011, 15:24 by BloodBird »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2011, 15:11 »

Maybe it's time to leave FW.  :s

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2011, 16:02 »

For the me, the real and final fix for FW would be including the following:

Two mechanics to "weaken" the NPC sovereignity on a FW star system

1- Complexes

Deadspace Fortifications used by the NPC navies of each empire to serve as staging points for their navy fleets. Two categories only:

Garrison: intended for t1 frigs, faction frigs. NPC rats there are frigs and dessies.
Facility: inteded for t2 frigs, t1 frigs, faction frigs and destroyers. NPC rats there are frigs, dessies and cruisers.

No further sizes or difficulty grades.....just those two, providing newbies and vets a "controlled" fighting enviroment where you can travel all over low-sec with some degree of liberty (speedy stuff is easier to move around and to loose), but also means more sites to be "captured".

2- Missions

Missions from level 1 to level 4 as they currently exist. Each mission not only gives ISK and LP, but also adds a small ammount of Victory Points towards contesting the system on which the system was run.

Capturing systems is through the current Bunker mechanic, with a slight adjustment:

Bunker Hitpoints reduced in half, but a permanent (and constantly respawning) NPC fleet guarding it, this defense fleet has a mix of scrambler frigs, Ewar cruisers, BCs and BSs. Assaulting fleets cannot just "sit and shot", and a small fleet of defenders can choose to side with the rats.

Any outlaw who enters plexes or missions or the vicinity of bunkers will be shooted by NPCs if they don't already have aggro on other targets in the same location.

So in essence:
-PvErs do contribute to the control and dispute of FW systems
-Plexers fight in a more balanced enviroment (no more t1 frigs tanking large installations with multiple BSs), more newbie friendly too
-Bunker busting is a coordinated effort to deal with the NPC fleet defending the site, but requires less time to shoot through its HP ammount.
-Pies are shot by NPC navy

The permanent wardec thingie should remain as is.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2011, 16:11 »

They should remove occupancy and plexing and leave it as a free wardec.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2011, 16:13 by Hamish Grayson »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2011, 17:52 »

It's hilarious, really. We can let Damar+co take Intaki, then just take it back whenever we have a free 5 hours on a Saturday evening.

Gallente general militia have already taken one system and will probably take a second by the time this day is over.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:00 »

and who has the more non-FW alliance homies.

As one of those non-FW alliance homies, let me tell you that the amount of influence we have on FW is pretty minor (much to our IC annoyance and my OOC agreement), especially as we don't want to end up -10 outlaws after two engagements.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:15 »

And the ultimate pissing contest continues.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2011, 18:52 »

and who has the more non-FW alliance homies.

As one of those non-FW alliance homies, let me tell you that the amount of influence we have on FW is pretty minor (much to our IC annoyance and my OOC agreement), especially as we don't want to end up -10 outlaws after two engagements.

It's not just a direct firepower thing - right now, there's zero monetary reward mechanics for plexing. Compared to other activities...

- It doesn't pay anywhere near as good as L4 missions, even assuming you're popping the rats and grabbing tags.
- It doesn't increase the likelyhood of "good fights" or even competitions - trust me, I had an Enyo, Rupture, Thrasher and Firetail all show up before they tried to flush my Thrasher out of a 'plex, and I know Amarr are just as bad blobbers.
- It doesn't even increase your likelyhood of getting fights, period. Since you're stuck in a static location, enemies can easily scout you and choose to ignore you if a imbalanced fight isn't likely; conversely, the acceleration gate means that anyone inside can easily see what's coming and choose to leave.

Combined with the ability for militias to now "choose" the timezone in which a bunker shoot will take place... yeah. FW has just been turned into old-style POS/sov pingpong. Minus the advantage of actually holding territory and likelyhood to have any good fights in the process.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2011, 19:33 »

I think what they really need is to make it a more group-oriented cooperative effort to take or defend systems.

IE instead of a handful of people pinging plexes, you should have people of ALL eve disciplines forced to participate in order to flip the systems.

Maybe manufacturers have to produce x 'war materials' for ground combat,
Maybe couriers have to run 'x' 'supplies' to the forward bases

etc etc, make it encouraging financially for the carebears to get involved.

Ban Cynos, obvously. If it's supposed to be 'pvp light' then you can't have the big boys dropping in to pound people randomly.

Right now it looks like risk for no rewards from my point of view.  In 0.0 I could harvest moon goo and kill extremely valuable rats to pay for my pvp addiction. I don't see any cash rewards for FW that come close.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 30 Nov 2011, 06:23 »

instead of a handful of people pinging plexes, you should have people of ALL eve disciplines forced to participate in order to flip the systems.

Thats why i'm proposing plexes + missions to be the way to capture a system. But adding courier missions with high rewards could be a third option added into the mix.

Perhaps a system can only be vulnerable if said system itself has reached a certain threshold and all the surrounding systems are also in a contested state.

On the other hand, FW areas are target rich for both piwates and anti-piwates...... QCATS often enganges outlaws camping gates or large null-sec fleets coming through (we also are a bit naughty and engage neutrals sometimes).

But thats the thing, FW low-sec has only 1 difference with null-sec, you will loose sec status. Everything else is equal, POS, bunker busting, missions, fleets, hotdrops, etc.

Why should it be different ?

The only thing that needs some love is the balance of plexes between each faction (overpowered caldari NPCs vs the rest).

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 06 Dec 2011, 10:43 »

It means those who occupy a system by being an occupant in a warzone system will have a much better chance at gaining occupancy for their  respective faction.
Pages: [1] 2 3