Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: TEST declared war on Chribba...  (Read 4246 times)

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
Re: TEST declared war on Chribba...
« Reply #15 on: 11 Nov 2011, 14:13 »

It's kinda like talking about the Japanese military.  The Japanese military is the US military because after WWII we made them write it into their constitution that they couldn't have a military but we'd protect them (and they were allowed a small self-defense force) in the event of a major invasion.

U'K=Japan.  -A-=US military

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2011, 16:34 »

No not really. By the time we're talking about -A- had broken off contact with U'K and had undergone comprehensive leadership changes.
But hey, haters gonna hate.  :smug:

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2011, 00:28 »

Not to throw a factual spanner into a rhetorical analogy, but Japan's "Self Defense Forces" are larger and more technologically advanced than that of the United Kingdom's.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #18 on: 12 Nov 2011, 03:07 »

Not to throw a factual spanner into a rhetorical analogy, but Japan's "Self Defense Forces" are larger and more technologically advanced than that of the United Kingdom's.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 12 Nov 2011, 05:07 »

Source ?

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2011, 07:17 »

<snip>
Free fire!  No primaries!  Target the wounded!

I still have trouble respecting U'K after the fight in in QR back in 2007.  Yes, I have a long memory.
<snip>

A slight digression I know. But what exactly happened to get you so annoyed?
And to those of you who where in U'K at the time and know what is being discussed; could you let Bacchanalian answer before you give your perspective please.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2011, 09:53 »

Active personnel    247,746 (ranked 24th) (Japan)

Active personnel    191,730 Regular (full time soldiers) (United Kingdom)

Relative technological strength is subjective, I guess. Japan doesn't have nuclear weapons (yet), and because of their treaty, they don't have aircraft carriers (yet).

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 12 Nov 2011, 10:17 »

What does a comparison between the Japanese Defense Force and the British military have to do with the conversation?

It's kinda like talking about the Japanese military.  The Japanese military is the US military because after WWII we made them write it into their constitution that they couldn't have a military but we'd protect them (and they were allowed a small self-defense force) in the event of a major invasion.

Bacchanalian was comparing Ushra-Khan to Japan and -A- to the United States.  Not Japan to the United Kingdom.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 12 Nov 2011, 12:03 »

What does a comparison between the Japanese Defense Force and the British military have to do with the conversation?

Bacchanalian was comparing Ushra-Khan to Japan and -A- to the United States.  Not Japan to the United Kingdom.

Ummmm, I thought it was obvious. Bacch said that the JSDF was a 'small' military, whilst comparing to the United states, when drawing up an analogy between UK and the AAA. I provided information that it depends on your definition of 'small'.

Anyways, I have no clue why people are obsessing over my small aside. Carry on, folks.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #24 on: 12 Nov 2011, 12:55 »

Other relevant facts: Japan's population is also twice that of the UK. Meanwhile, the UK spends more on their military in both absolute terms and as a percentage of their GDP.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2011, 17:23 »

Well, few days on, it seems TEST has utterly failed to do anything. This is my surprised face.

Also, Skyrim has apparently been declared responsible for mass-distracting them. Chribba's powers of persuation extend even to Bethesda! /o\
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 12 Nov 2011, 17:40 »

Well, few days on, it seems TEST has utterly failed to do anything. This is my surprised face.

Also, Skyrim has apparently been declared responsible for mass-distracting them. Chribba's powers of persuation extend even to Bethesda! /o\

This will be another slight de-rail, but I've heard the makers of MW3 are realyl pissed off; not because BF3 stole their tunder in terms of great games to come out recently, but becasue Skyrim did, and they are likely to lose the ultimate GOTY award to Skyrim too, while BF3 may well take the specific FPS category award for the same prize.

This is me, crying my eyes out.  :lol:

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 12 Nov 2011, 18:44 »

Have the masses rallied to Chribba's aid, or are there simply not enough TEST pilots logging on? ;)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 12 Nov 2011, 19:07 »

There's been some rabblerabble about suicide ganking random TEST people and setting up channels to coordinate defense, but lack of TEST actually attacking Chribba yet has kept most of the serious people from taking this as anything more than a troll-dec.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #29 on: 12 Nov 2011, 20:25 »

Gahahahahahahaha...
Pages: 1 [2] 3