Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Minmatar Arc  (Read 10682 times)

Streya

• Egger
Re: Minmatar Arc
« Reply #105 on: 15 Feb 2013, 12:55 »

I'm going to make a push to make sure there is a group of Goons at the next Live Event.  Consider this your call to action.  Try and stop me.  :twisted:
*Throws down gauntlet, leaves.*

You understand people will just stop coming to Live Events if it just gets curbstomped by Goons every time, right? Now, if you are a roleplayer you would consider this a Bad Thing, since there's less player-story interaction. If you think this is a Good Thing, then it is as Katrina says and you are just toeing the Goon party line, lol'ing as you generate tears. So which is it? Live Events are kicking off for the first time in a good while, and you lot just want to take a nice big dump on em. This will lead to less player-story interaction and more internalized circlejerk roleplay as more and more people give up trying to go to Live Events and simply stay at home in their BarPee channels and the like. This leads to a rather stagnant and boring RP scene IMO, and that's definitely not something I want to participate in. If Goons are going to ruin all the major space RP, then I might as well not be a roleplayer anymore. Thanks, Isis.

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #106 on: 15 Feb 2013, 12:58 »

On the flipside, less reliance on CCP for roleplay opportunities and more creative interaction with other players would be a bonus.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #107 on: 15 Feb 2013, 12:59 »

I'm well aware that there are news articles. I'd just expect to see a discussion about the subject matter, not a thread completely derailed about a complaint that you've already brought up in several (and more appropriate) venues. There certainly should be discussion about how live events are run, it should just be in a thread of it's own.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #108 on: 15 Feb 2013, 13:03 »

On the flipside, less reliance on CCP for roleplay opportunities and more creative interaction with other players would be a bonus.

Oh absolutely. Player Events will always exist and be fun. If a person wants to get that event acknowledged and have it impact the EVE story at all though, it will be hard to get CCP's attention. That's why Live Events are important.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #109 on: 15 Feb 2013, 13:11 »

I'll echo some of the comments as well; is there a way to split this into a new thread at all? While discussion on live events and interactions with them are fascinating and partially related, I think it'd do better in a new topic, and leave this one for specifically the Minmatar events.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #110 on: 15 Feb 2013, 13:15 »

[mod]Thread destroyed, unrecoverable[/mod]

Some good points on two major different topics, but the ideas are too intertwined to separate cleanly. Direct your posting to the new relevant threads :

Minmatar RP Arc and Story

Developer Modding Events
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2013, 13:51 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]