Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Discussion on SF/Veto/Moira/RK inter-org politics and dispute  (Read 9559 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

Jade debating something IC is kind of like an omnidirectional rasp. No matter which way you rub someone, you're drawing blood intentionally, and when the sharks get a whiff of that... Well, what are you expecting?

I never claimed that getting into an IC debate with Jade while repping an ultra-nationalist tower in contradiction of one's vaunted principles would be a pleasant IC experience Mizhara. But it can at least a professional (non ooc insulting) one.

I think it's not that useful to make the point that "well she was asking for it" for IC local debate turns to vile smackfest situations. You might as well claim that we are all "asking for it" when we log into eve to expect the worst possible behaviour from our fellow players. Somewhere, someone does need to say something about standards.

+++

For the sake of clarity its worth pointing out that this log is probably veto/kapelle on their absolute best local behaviour. The several previous logs that Usagi has not posted (from previous clashes and flareups) are considerably better examples of the kind of behaviour I contacted Verone to see if we could prevent. Perhaps Usagi might consider updating her post with those? Though on balance I'm not sure they would be appropriate material here.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 08:59 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

As for why Jade was banned, I can't say if what I was told by Ashar at the time was the real reason or not, but it was to keep the peace of the channel. History had shown that Jade in that channel was a recipe for humongous arguments and IC/OoC crossovers that happened out of the blue and with no warning, which in turn spawned even more arguments. I've locked horns with Jade in those channels myself and was partly to blame for a few of them, but they apparently had a tendency to happen whether or not I was there.

I don't know if this was the real reason, but that is the reason I was given when I asked.

Well that hypothesis is easy enough to check isn't it?
Lets see if it does lead to massive IC/OOC crossover rows in that channel.

There isn't much to lose finding out surely?

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

[mod]This thread is locked for moderator consideration[/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]