Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Discussion on SF/Veto/Moira/RK inter-org politics and dispute  (Read 9561 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Do not understand emothread, is dumb pirate lemming, F1, F2, F3...

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

Do not understand emothread, is dumb pirate lemming, F1, F2, F3...

Makes two of us Kyoko.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog

I guess what I'm trying to figure out from reading this is how Jade's ooc reputation has anything to do with this war, and why posts on the summit would hurt his rep with the 'rp circle'. And what circle is this, anyway? :P
I made a handy dandy illustration.

Edit: Fixed typo

PS- the ones with a lot of dots can be seen as alts. :E
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 17:01 by IzzyChan »

Hamish Grayson

All hail the prophet Izzy, wisest among us!

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl

I guess what I'm trying to figure out from reading this is how Jade's ooc reputation has anything to do with this war, and why posts on the summit would hurt his rep with the 'rp circle'. And what circle is this, anyway? :P

COOKIES!  :D
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 17:55 by Shae Tiann »

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

"Realtiy"?

Seriously?

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog

"Realtiy"?

Seriously?

Sorry, I was being rushed by parents and mistyped it. I fixed it.  -_-\

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

Quote from: IzzyChan link=topic=2265.msg30302#msg30302

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!

That one dot in the upper right hand corner, that dot is me.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Edit: Fixed typo

/thread
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

[mod]Split from the war thread. Be mindful of the rules, or it will get locked very quickly.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 18:13 by Casiella »

Claire XXX

• Clonejack

I am the Claire XXX that sent Verone the email.  As proof of who I am I offer these two tidbits that the majority of people either here, or in Eve, don't know (and I do this so there's no one saying that I'm some alt of another person/poster), but those who actually know me will be able to verify. 

1.  Verone and I share the same first name in RL. 
2.  I am a quadriplegic.

-----------------------------------

I did, in fact, send Verone that email.  I would, of course, have preferred that it not become public.  However, I never asked that it remain private.  So, Verone, no harm-no foul as far as I'm concerned.

My reasons for the email were personal and definitely not IC. 

I've noticed lately that the IGS has become a cesspool of in-character attacks on people, and a lot of it is OoC thinly veiled as IC.  To some degree, very regretfully, I have allowed myself to become involved with that which is why I sent the email to Verone.  I also sent similar emails to others that I feel I might have offended in an OoC way ... my apologies if I missed anyone.

At this point it doesn't matter to me who is wrong or right; Jade and SF; Verone and Veto; Bacc and Rote Kapelle; Soter and Moira., but what does matter (especially to me) is that, in my opinion, words do have consequences and I won't be a party to it any longer.  If that means I need to step down as a director of The Star Fraction and go my separate way, then so be it, but I would do so with a clear conscience and my integrity intact.

I'm not the biggest or best RP'er out there.  In fact, prior to my time in SF I didn't have anything to do with it at all, and I have barely gotten my feet wet in the culture since.  However, what I have experienced since, especially over the last few days, has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Surely the Eve RP/IC scene can use some good, old fashioned written sparring between characters, but when that goes beyond being good natured and into the realm of OoC attacks hidden behind IC then it hurts the entire RP community.  And that is what I feel I've been witnessing on the IGS ... from all sides involved.

In closing I hope this clears up any mystery or bewilderment for those wondering about this.

Best to all,

Claire XXX aka Paul

(P.S. To those emailing and calling to find out if it was really me ... please, stop.  I'm not in the mood to discuss any of this.)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Wow, that's gotta have been hard to get out. But yeah, this is definitely the sort of OOC issues that I want to avoid. As far as I'm concerned, people can hate me IC all they want. But when that hatred spills OOC, there are issues. I think everyone involved should step back and try to look at this from a neutral perspective. Everyone's angry at everyone, and doesn't need to be. Its a game, we're playing to have fun, and I do understand that people take it seriously, I know I do, but if people are getting this upset OOC, then it needs to be dealt with OOC and resolved, not turned into mudslinging thinly veiled as RP.

Slave Constantine01: I don't actually know if you're guilty of any of what I just said above, or if you're just playing the character to the hilt, but in doing so, you've managed to anger an awful lot of people and effectively alienated yourself by constantly trying to stand by and defend your characters actions as the correct choice. If you want people to be able to interact with you, you need to step back and not get so defensive when discussing your character's actions. If I lose a ship to pirates, I don't immediately look for some sinister plot, and in this case, trying to convince everyone of the existence of said sinister plot has caused one to manifest. The only way to really save face in this situation on an OOC level is for everyone to say fuck characterization for a bit and stand down.

Slave Soter01: I know you're just having fun, but in this particular situation, it may help if you were to OOCly disarm instead of trying to be entertaining, as doing so is exacerbating the butthurt that is going on between people.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 13:14 by Nikita Alterana »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack

Total =/

We should all get together, take a chill pill, and pow wow around a campfire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5