Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Chronicle  (Read 3540 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: New Chronicle
« Reply #15 on: 02 Dec 2011, 08:41 »

if an alliance is in FW, it means they can replace their customs offices without having to interact with outside persons.
\o/

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 02 Dec 2011, 08:47 »

Maybe be either a part of FW or hold 0.0 sov?
Preferably with some possibilities to do some small-scale development of lowsec space for the empires.
I think that would be the best solution.

if an alliance is in FW, it means they can replace their customs offices without having to interact with outside persons.
Outside characters really.  But I think that is a good thing, they should have to interact with someone outside their alliance.

Desiderya

« Reply #17 on: 02 Dec 2011, 10:01 »

@Jade

Harsh is relative. A mechanic can not please everyone, so I don't really see that as a broad issue. The requirement to have some meaningful ways to develop and defend space would be a necessity to make a decision between 0.0 sov and the more open FW easier. Not being able to enter 50% of highsec space is a hinderance but as far as I'm aware meaningful 0.0 sov conflicts aren't decided in highsec.
Needless to say that a lot of things are run by non-alliance alts in highsec anyway.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 02 Dec 2011, 12:03 »

I really can't project the effect an alliance would have in FW.

They would certainly be interested in claiming the moons of low-sec, or using the POCO mechanic as passive income...but fighting for occupancy or territory? not sure, unless they have something to gain out of it.

In FW current state, i wouldn't want Alliances to be able to participate.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #19 on: 02 Dec 2011, 13:04 »

PL, goons etc already camp the FW systems with the most action and already own all the moons.   If anything, this might focus them against one side instead of anything that moves.  Maybe.

Plenty of capital fights and POS bashing on the weekends already too so it won't change much IMO.   

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 02 Dec 2011, 13:28 »

It depends if FW is supposed tobe 'pvp light' or not.  If it is then this is a bad idea under current game mechanics.

As was my understanding it was designed to be new player friendly, smaller ships, smaller stakes, and this change would put a quick stop to that.

IF they do some serious tweaking to what is allowed in the FW systems ship-wise then we'll see. Doubtful. A completel cyno-ban and possibly POS removal for all FW systems would make a big difference.

To the comment about having 50% of empire space cut off, it won't effect things in the slightest. Most 00 alliances are self-sufficient in null anyway, and all major trips to empire are done with alts anyway as well. 

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 02 Dec 2011, 14:45 »

Additionally, this seemed like less of a Chronicle and more of a RP-Patch notes :) 

I could however see a whole series of adventures for our hapless Interbus employees. That might be funny :)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #22 on: 02 Dec 2011, 15:58 »

What are these RP Alliances people keep talking about?

FW already killed that by forcing those groups out of RP for several years. They have grown and changed a great deal since then. They are not the same entities, and a great majority of their members would now laugh at the prospect.

We will simply see FW become the place that defeated Alliances retreat to when pushed out of nullsec. "Ok, go farm FW missions for a few weeks, then we'll take back what's ours!"

I'm not going to say that's a bad thing, but it's what we will get.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 02 Dec 2011, 17:37 »

What are these RP Alliances people keep talking about?

FW already killed that by forcing those groups out of RP for several years. They have grown and changed a great deal since then. They are not the same entities, and a great majority of their members would now laugh at the prospect.

Hey! :-P

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 02 Dec 2011, 21:01 »

Tell me I'm wrong, man!  ;)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 Dec 2011, 21:16 »

Tell me I'm wrong, man!  ;)

You are wrong, man. And this would be blatantly obvious if you spent more than five minutes in our alliance comms. Just ask Yulai Federation about how we take descisions for crazy (from their pov) RP reasons.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 02 Dec 2011, 23:03 »

Oh, you're EM....  :| , never mind....

That might be the last one, really.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #27 on: 03 Dec 2011, 00:44 »

Oh, you're EM....  :| , never mind....

That might be the last one, really.

You have seen CVA. Is is really as watered-down as you seem to indicate?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 03 Dec 2011, 03:11 »

CVA has good people and pilots scattered throughout.

However, Outside of Defensores Fidei (who are hardcore clergy), I could count the RPers in CVA on one hand.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 Dec 2011, 03:32 »

CVA has good people and pilots scattered throughout.

However, Outside of Defensores Fidei (who are hardcore clergy), I could count the RPers in CVA on one hand.

And that's a crying shame. But, perhaps, an inevitable result of direct involvement in 0.0 politics.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 [2] 3