Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 1348 times)

Darsena Izuma

• Bait
  • Clonejack
Hello there!
« on: 18 Aug 2014, 14:02 »

Hi!  I've been playing EVE for about 10 months, but I'm pretty new to the role-playing aspect of it.  (I used to do a lot of RP back on Ultima Online way back when, but nothing here; I got into the game through some real life friends who I've spent most of my time interacting with, and they don't do much RP.)  I have been lurking a lot in the Intergalactic Summit section on the EVE forums, just to try to get a handle on what some of the actual politics and back-story is for better storytelling.  But, I got an email in-game saying to come check this place out, so here I am! :)

My main character is Darsena Izuma, a Gallente mercenary who's a little bit full of herself.  I also have an alt and Dust514 character, but I'm not sure if I'd be doing much RP with them.
Fedo are not what they seem to be. Welcome to Night Vale.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2014, 14:53 »

Welcome :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2014, 16:08 »

Welcome.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2014, 02:29 »

Welcome backstage!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2014, 10:58 »

Hello hello! Don't worry about feeling to overwhelmed at first - there's a lot to take in, and you don't have to read everything before beginning.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2014, 11:36 »

Hello hello! Don't worry about feeling to overwhelmed at first - there's a lot to take in, and you don't have to read everything before beginning.

Seconded. The process of meeting people and developing roleplay is such a long one in EVE that if you try to be completely thorough in your research before beginning the process of getting involved you are likely to feel underwhelmed by the level of activity you discover. It is best to start meeting people as soon as you can while simultaneously gaining the knowledge you would like to have. Being immensely prepared and then realizing how difficult it is to find meaningful roleplaying can be very deflating for a newcomer.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2014, 14:33 »

Welcome backstage.
-OOChé