Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues  (Read 9421 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues
« on: 03 May 2014, 15:42 »

If you haven't seen it already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTUazuGdTw

What is? What does mean? Who do?

This trailer and other cryptic stuff of recent note is the topic, lets hear all your theories, no matter how glue-sniffing induced.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2014, 15:48 »

Thing that immediately jumped out at me is that I believe this is the first trailer to ever show one of the Empires in direct conflict with a capsuleer alliance. They've done alliance v alliance and empire v empire, but I'm pretty sure this is the first crossover.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2014, 16:20 »

It's from the Prophecy of Macaper.

Quote from: Erebus Description
From the formless void's gaping maw, there springs an entity. Not an entity such as any you can conceive of, nor I; an entity more primordial than the elements themselves, yet constantly coming into existence even as it is destroyed. It is the Child of Chaos, the Pathway to the Next.

The darkness shall swallow the land, and in its wake there will follow a storm, as the appetite of nothing expands over the world.

From the formless void's gaping maw, there springs an entity.

Dr. Damella Macaper
The Seven Events of the Apocalypse
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Erebus

Other points:

The alliance building the Gate is Drekar Alliance, the alliance that was awoxed and robbed in the Causality trailer.

The Prophecy is not an Amarrian text, so it's interesting that the Theology Council is studying it and considers it to have validity. Is a prophecy still handed down from God if it's spoken by a non-Amarrian? Are they just trying to contain the heretical writings, even if they are true?

Who is the Lord that commands the Imperial Fleet? Is it supposed to be Aritcio?
« Last Edit: 03 May 2014, 16:32 by Horatius Caul »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2014, 16:27 »

nice i thought they dropped macaper's prophecies altogether.....

The trailer has new meaning with that in context.

Dessau

« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2014, 16:32 »

So this was the spike in gamma radiation we saw a few months back, I take it. Some new kind of stargate, ostensibly to unknown regions of k-space?

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2014, 17:57 »

nice i thought they dropped macaper's prophecies altogether.....

The trailer has new meaning with that in context.

A Macaper quote (unrelated to the Prophecies) opens the EVE: Source book's first chapter "Origins". It might be reasonable to theorise that if Source is intended as the definitive lore background to the EVE universe and that the Prophecies have been retained throughout the lore since the game was first released then they might have some significant role in whatever storyline CCP has planned for EVE in the future.

Of course, that all pre-supposes that there is a storyline in the first place and not just a sandbox social experiment.

Also, Istvaan.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2014, 18:27 »

So this was the spike in gamma radiation we saw a few months back, I take it. Some new kind of stargate, ostensibly to unknown regions of k-space?

It's possible, but I don't think so. There were two spikes in the event(s) you're referencing, possibly related to experiments being carried out at 'Ghost' research facilities - which ended up being the targets of the disastrous combined Empire raids that followed shortly after.

This is where things started to get interesting.

If we look at the chronicles from this time, they seem to be hinting that in an effort to improve the efficiencies of energy production at least some of the experimentation the ghost facilities were doing was using massive villard wheel-type devices in combination with 'blue boxes', the latter possibly there to tweak and up-scale the former's performance.

One researcher seemed to have found a way to generate massive energy output from a disproportionate input. Unfortunately, this resulted in him and most of his facility evaporating in the resulting explosion. His lover repeated the experiment, presumably with similar results - two explosions, two spikes.

For the last 5-6 months we've had access to the Ghost facilities. We've gathered the shattered villard wheels, research tools, etc. we've obtained BPs for implants that modify the efficiencies of ships allowing them to achieve greater warp speeds presumably for the same energy demands (EVE science =/= real science). And I believe it's the null sec pirate factions who have been most interested in buying the components of the ghost facilities back.

I think over coming expansions we'll start to see the development of research and blueprints that make use of the ghost facility drops that - until now - have just been vendor trash (albeit nicely paid for vendor trash). This will lead up to a mad rush by the null-sec alliances and power blocs to build the first of the stargates to new systems, possibly outside of New Eden.

More theories? The last time a new set of systems opened up we were introduced to the Sleepers, a new NPC faction. It's possible that this time we might see another alien entity emerge from whatever cluster is linked to. I'm hopeful that rather than it being blue-skinned bug eyed insect type aliens (or some Saturday afternoon sci-fi alien of the week variation) it's whatever has evolved over the last 20000+ years from the humanity left on the other side of the EVE Gate.

Gorion

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2014, 18:34 »

Its either #4 or #5. The rest don't really apply. I am partial to it being #5.

“the little brother makes the final sorrowful steps home; he is not welcome”

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2014, 18:39 »

Aritcio has hair, I think.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2014, 03:43 »

I've always thought it would be awesome to see some more tinfoil hats and discussion about how every heptagon is actually subtle symbolism of the Macapar Illuminati or something followed by a lot of do you see now? Do. You. See?!

Also, that trailer was a bit too short for me. Should have been at least 40mins with TiDi.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2014, 04:03 »

I've always thought it would be awesome to see some more tinfoil hats and discussion about how every heptagon is actually subtle symbolism of the Macapar Illuminati or something followed by a lot of do you see now? Do. You. See?!
You've now inspired me to have Andreus start prominently displaying a heptagon pendant as part of his normal attire just to get people rumourmongering.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2014, 04:06 by Andreus Ixiris »

Vaari

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2014, 05:52 »

It is a warning from the God. Heathens are gaining more foothold each day and are planning something very sinister. If her majesty calls us, we will answer. Such abominations will not rule the destiny on man.

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 04 May 2014, 06:46 »

It is a warning from the God. Heathens are gaining more foothold each day and are planning something very sinister. If her majesty calls us, we will answer. Such abominations will not rule the destiny on man.

+1 Awesome as always.  :D The only one which understand that the trailer is about the future. So we can not say who is who, maybe even the guy without hair called "Lord" will be then the emperor.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 04 May 2014, 08:01 »

Fair point, but even if it is the next Emperor it would be someone we know.

It's less of a leap to assume that it's someone already in a position to launch a Navy Fleet. Who that would be would depend on where the order to muster that fleet came from.

If it came from the top, through official channels, then it would likely be Aritcio Kor-Azor (Imperial Chancellor) or Perimum Amyn (Minister of War).

If it came from the top, but for whatever reason didn't go through official channels, Merimeth Sarum or Garkeh Khanid could have been entrusted to quietly muster the fleet. Though in that case it's unlikely that the fleet would have been Imperial.

If the order didn't come from the top at all, but rather from the Theology Council or MIO, and the Throne wasn't informed, then I think the most likely culprit is Yonis Ardishapur. This especially considering Aridia as the staging location of the fleet in the trailer. The Mandate has its own fleets, and likely also hosts several Imperial fleets that Yonis could 'borrow'.

Or... it's just some random admiral.
Pages: [1] 2 3