Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Author Topic: Regarding Intaki language  (Read 1272 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Regarding Intaki language
« on: 23 Jan 2013, 14:15 »

So I'm working on some character sheets and other stuff for my toons and general enjoyment. I've come to the point where I'd need some Intaki words and terms to finish my stuff. This seemed like an easy idea at first, I'd go to the ILF's web-page and look around, I did recall they were working on a language some years ago.

Turns out they finished a whole, comprehensible and functional piece of awesome that was supposedly available from their site, at least it was, october 26, 2011.

It would appear this is no longer the case, or I'm missing something that is rather obvious.

If anyone, and I mean anyone, have this document available for DL or know who I might get in touch with regarding getting a copy, I'd be very happy to hear from you. I've been mostly away for the last two years and more and right now, regret is like a suffocating cloud that follows me wherever I go, that I just can't escape from. Should have seen and DL'ed this years ago damn it!

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
Re: Regarding Intaki language
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2013, 15:06 »

Namas Tayam  :)

The Intaki language resource files are all available from our (recently redesigned) website with supporting font and additional resources here.

Artabanus put over twelve months of effort (at the cost of his own sanity at times) into the project taking over from my own early efforts to build upon the work of Placid Reborn and others.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2013, 16:33 »

Soo... awesome...

ཡ٢٢ ༴ཝཤཡ٢མཤ

While I am really, REALLY happy with this, ("Amazing work" don't quite cover it...) it seems there is an error when attempting to DL or access the Glyphs tablet. Also, it seems it's impossible to DL the whole work itself, even if I can access it from the site. Is this intentional?

The dictionary did however, DL without a problem and I am now happy at work making what I need. thanks.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2013, 17:41 »

Glad you like, Bloodbird

I'll point Sakaane (who maintains the site) to this thead and we can work through the content to make sure any issues are resolved.

I've also posted an updated link in the thread you referred to in the OP to help people find it a little easier in the future.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2013, 17:46 by Bataav »
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2013, 18:51 »

there is an error when attempting to DL or access the Glyphs tablet.
This has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also, it seems it's impossible to DL the whole work itself, even if I can access it from the site. Is this intentional?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. All documents that we were provided for the Vaanin are downloadable from our website. What are you looking for that you can't download?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2013, 20:37 »

Dictionaries, fonts, glyphs, images. All these you can access or DL, but when clicking the link to the work itself underneath it's image to the top-right you only go to it in an online format. I've found no place to DL this work and view it in an offline/on the drive manner.

Also, thanks for fixing the glyphs DL, much joy. Even if the packed file seem to contain a typo: mci_gyphs instead of mci_glyphs. The derived folder get's named the same ofc.

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2013, 21:15 »

Having PDFs display inline in your browser tends to be a browser-specific setting related to PDF plugins or native browser programming. Often, a browser will display an inline PDF menu once the file has finished loading, and that menu will have a "Save A Copy" button. The menu might be hidden by default depending on your browser.

You can also right-click the link and choose "Save As..."

Hope that helps.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2013, 21:51 »

Yeah, figured it out. Had to flip browser or right-click/save but it's working. So yeah, all issues resolved AFAIK. Thanks, Sakaane Eionellkha.