Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Samuel Rackham Premium Caldari Ale is made with aroma hops from the widely recognized agricultural facilities of Haatomo III? For more, see here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Can this be explained  (Read 10394 times)

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
Re: Can this be explained
« Reply #45 on: 11 Jul 2011, 22:13 »

While probably not a constructive post on my part, +1 to Scagga. 

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #46 on: 12 Jul 2011, 00:38 »

If you feel the need to mod something just ctrl+c / ctrl+v yourself maybe?  ;)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #47 on: 26 Aug 2011, 10:30 »

Biased moderator 2 : laerise 0

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=2662.msg38454#new

Good job for not moderating Lyn's flaming btw - sometimes I really wonder why I still care  :bash:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #48 on: 26 Aug 2011, 13:09 »

Poor and biased moderation on Backstage? Say it isn't so. No point arguing it though. There's never been any acknowledgment of shitty moderation here and the admin/mod team never will acknowledge it. It's the price to pay for not having seen that particular buddy-club forming sooner and calling it out. Now? It's too late.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 26 Aug 2011, 14:19 »

Eh, the thing is, this is backstage. The whole point is that you are required to be respectful of people even if you think they don't deserve it. If you felt that Lyn's "Amarrian Empire =/= Spanish Inquisition" post was disrespectful, you should report it. Or you can respond to it, but not with flaming. Responding to something that is questionably disrespectful with something that is blatantly disrespectful is going to get the post moderated, period. That's not news to anyone.

In this case, it's a shame, because there was some good stuff sandwiched between the flames, but oh well. The whole point of this forum is that you can't flame someone just for disagreeing with you, even if you know you're right and have the evidence to back it up. Done properly, you can demonstrate that someone is completely full of shit without actually saying so - and if you must say so, do it in a PM.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #50 on: 26 Aug 2011, 14:22 »

To Ryven and Malcolm: Maybe you two ought to have a glance at the ruleset before posting? The irony of trashtalking someone while breaking the ruleset in ways that makes me, Laerise and all the other moderated people look positively timid is mindboggling. PMs exist for a reason.

Victoria: What flames? You have to interpret that post ridiculously liberally to find any flames. I too acknowledge that Laerise can get abrasive, but this is ridiculous.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #51 on: 26 Aug 2011, 14:26 »

The irony wasn't lost on me.  That made it more humorous to me.  I think it is interesting, though, that people get upset at being moderated.  I fully expect my previous post to be moderated for referencing the previous post which I assume will be modded as well.  Hence an illustration, an effective method of explanation.

Seems my post wasn't so ignorant after all.  Hmmm.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 26 Aug 2011, 14:35 »

Victoria: What flames? You have to interpret that post ridiculously liberally to find any flames. I too acknowledge that Laerise can get abrasive, but this is ridiculous.

Mmm... flaming might be a stronger word than needed.

Extremes prove nothing but your inability to provide factual evidence contrary to Lallara's post lyn.

p.s.: Some respect for your fellow posters would be nice Lyn, not only is your (non)argument very weak, it also displays a blatant disrespect for lallara's reply to nico.

This is, however, disrespectful and adds nothing to the discussion. If Lyn's disrespect were so blatant, report it and let the mods deal with it. Calling her out on it does nothing useful.

Honestly, if you leave those two sentences out (or type them to get it out of your system and then delete them before hitting post) it's a good post on the subject. But with those two in there, it's gone in a matter of minutes.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #53 on: 26 Aug 2011, 16:28 »

To Ryven and Malcolm: Maybe you two ought to have a glance at the ruleset before posting? The irony of trashtalking someone while breaking the ruleset in ways that makes me, Laerise and all the other moderated people look positively timid is mindboggling. PMs exist for a reason.

Irony? I knew the post would be modded when I wrote. I reported it myself, to be quite frank. The point was that I said it anyway because I felt it needed to be said and I don't get upset about getting moderated because I believe they do the best they can with the mess they're given to moderate.

Irony would have been if I thought I was justified in saying it while breaking all the rules and doing the same things that get other people moderated, and then turning around and complaining to the moderators because my post was moderated. That's irony.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #54 on: 26 Aug 2011, 16:48 »

Eh, the thing is, this is backstage. The whole point is that you are required to be respectful of people even if you think they don't deserve it. If you felt that Lyn's "Amarrian Empire =/= Spanish Inquisition" post was disrespectful, you should report it. Or you can respond to it, but not with flaming. Responding to something that is questionably disrespectful with something that is blatantly disrespectful is going to get the post moderated, period. That's not news to anyone.

In this case, it's a shame, because there was some good stuff sandwiched between the flames, but oh well. The whole point of this forum is that you can't flame someone just for disagreeing with you, even if you know you're right and have the evidence to back it up. Done properly, you can demonstrate that someone is completely full of shit without actually saying so - and if you must say so, do it in a PM.

This. You do not have to make an outrage everytime I am involved in something Laerise, even knowing how you seem to dislike me for some reason, backstage is not a place to settle one's accounts with each other, like Ryven and Malcolm just did unfortunately.

Now that I look back at my post, it looks indeed a little weak. I just had almost nothing to answer to Lallara "certainties over everything" and I perfectly now that I avoid debating with him for the simple reason I know it will go nowhere. So I should definitly have kept myself silent, because my post looks like a troll now, even if it was really not the intention. But, the idea was still here : if I said so it is mostly because I strongly felt that Lallara's statements could be summarized or tldr-ed in the single statement I made.  For that, I support the request for my post to be moded.

You have my apologies for not having thought more before posting that, because honestly, it was totally genuine.

Then we may have different feelings about it. I just came back and saw Laerise's post deleted, so I can assure you it was not even me that reported it, though I would have reported it if I had the time to do so. Maybe the biased moderator team did it itself...  :roll:

Instead of always blaming the admin team, that I am absolutely not part of this mythic and infamous "buddy club" you are refering to (I am quite new to backstage, at the opposite of RP), a little introspection could help. Much like I did just above, admitting that I did something probably stupid or not thought well before (and even asking myself for my post to be moded). It is a fact that a lot of people find your assertions, you and Laerise, often inflammatory or disrespectful, and this is why you often get moded. I highly doubt this is a matter of biased moderation. Even if one of Laerise moderated posts on another matter was recognized to have been moderated over nothing, I do not think this is a good idea to make it a generality.

It is probably a matter of scale of sensibilities here I suppose, because I do not see where the issue could be otherwise. So please allow me to point out what I find disrespectful, and at the contrary on what Laerise is right to my opinion :

Extremes prove nothing but your inability to provide factual evidence contrary to Lallara's post lyn.

Definitly, as I said above, if I had something to say, I should have stated it clearer, or said nothing, even if with a little decyphering you can easily see what I pointed out.

Though this very statement is agressive, don't you think ? "YOUR INABILITY". You were right to tell me that, but not in that aggressive stance, I think.

The amarr faction, like all the other factions as well, does not have a 100% fitting real life counter part, no matter how much people try to push it into the roman/byzanteene cliche.

Again, I am perfectly aware of this, always, but it was indeed right to point this out because even if the analogy was purely made for illustration purposes, it does not seem the case in my post for the simple reason that I did not even try to back it up with a little more arguments.

Also, if you really must use (erraneous) descriptions like "church rule", then I'd like to remind you that especially if it IS a "church rule" there will NO room to wiggle in at all. What constitues orthodoxy is solely the descision of the theology council - and the speakers of truth.

This (emphasis put in bold), is indirectly but definitly to my eyes a blatant "ur doing it wrong" to every other people that disagree with this statement, me included. This is stating directly that your view is the only valid one, and this breaches to my eyes a lot of the forum rules.

It would be nice if those who look into amarr RP could take a step back and realise that

This is condescending and disrespectful, implying that people "do not realise things", while you obviously have taken a step back and realize what they do not. It may be true, or not, but it does not justify the tone.

p.s.: Some respect for your fellow posters would be nice Lyn, not only is your (non)argument very weak, it also displays a blatant disrespect for lallara's reply to nico.

Definitly, thus why I apologized above, because I honestly did not realize it until now. If I had something good and clever to take out of the whole post, this would be this part. Thank you for pointing this out to me.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2011, 16:53 by Lyn Farel »

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #55 on: 26 Aug 2011, 18:42 »

I'm starting to think this is simply a culture / language problem.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #56 on: 26 Aug 2011, 22:13 »

In what language does does the word baby also mean bathwater?

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #57 on: 27 Aug 2011, 01:48 »

Yeah, you speak chatsu- ohh...nevermind.  :oops:

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #58 on: 02 Sep 2011, 17:54 »

A community-run forum can choose its moderators.  A run-community has its moderators prescribed.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #59 on: 02 Sep 2011, 18:04 »

Give a man a ban and he'll be miserable for a short while. Teach a man to ban and he'll be miserable every day he sees another debate thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5