Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Author Topic: Re: Why do you Roleplay?  (Read 916 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Re: Why do you Roleplay?
« on: 10 Jul 2011, 01:03 »

Gives me a reason to get out of bed and shoot people in the face.

It also used to be quite entertaining before the whole whitewashed "cuddleme" bullshit started creeping into the mainstream. Tbh nowadays I vastly preferr to RP with un/friendly militia guys who don't call themselves RP'ers to the bullshit that's going on with the selfproclaimed RP'ers.  :D

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: Re: Why do you Roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2011, 02:06 »

Gives me a reason to get out of bed and shoot people in the face.

This. I want meaning, even if it's made-up meaning (just please don't ask me to stretch my suspension-of-disbelief too far). The stories we tell together give context to the (sometimes silly) things we do in EVE.

It also used to be quite entertaining before the whole whitewashed "cuddleme" bullshit started creeping into the mainstream. Tbh nowadays I vastly preferr to RP with un/friendly militia guys who don't call themselves RP'ers to the bullshit that's going on with the selfproclaimed RP'ers.  :D

Oy! Selection bias means you'll see and hear more of the people who are willing to talk to everyone than from those who aren't willing to make nice with you. We're still here, though.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2011, 04:35 »

What is this 'cuddle me' tendency you refer to Laerise?

I roleplayed because it answered an existential reason, and provided motivation, goals, and a point from which to relate to other players.

Note: I was roleplaying before I knew what roleplaying was.  The chap who sold me the idea of starting to play EvE told me the storyline and gave me the idea that Sebiestor were the long-lost scions of Russian, who still used projectiles despite contemporary technological advancement in nearby nations, hence Scagga Laebetrovo. 

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2011, 08:44 »

[mod]Highly unconstructive and full of 'urdoinitrong. Replies removed solely not to cause confusion; please feel free to restate your own reasons constructively.[/mod]