Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That travelling to planets takes quite a long time?  For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Somewhat Goodbyes  (Read 4972 times)

Dessau

Re: Somewhat Goodbyes
« Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2014, 14:30 »

"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero, per Theocritus

I believe that which you will accomplish will not be due to luck.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #16 on: 30 Mar 2014, 15:05 »

No worries man. Good luck in your life and fly safe. Also come back and get in arguments with us unencumbered by rl stuffs :)
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 30 Mar 2014, 16:43 »

You will literally not believe how something that consumed much of your waking thoughts, this other world we have inhabited for so many years, will mean so very little after you just cut the cord for a few weeks.

All the things you give so much mental energy to right now in the game will fall into the background, and the things you used to agonize over (ships, players, people, relationships - in game -) will barely be a blip on your real life radar after you cut the cord.

Honestly I suggest a hard cutoff for a month or two, unsub, don't check mails, don't check backstage.  You won't believe the weight off your shoulders, and if you come back, you come back slowly.

Super good luck with all the things, and of course hit me on steam anytime (takeiteasymon)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 31 Mar 2014, 00:52 »

Heya Mark!

It's good to hear that you're doing good in RL, keep up with that! I for one wish you all the best! I'm sure you'll find a way to spend your free time in EVE reasonably, while adding a lot of non-virtual activities there. :)

See you around!

Shiori

« Reply #19 on: 31 Mar 2014, 01:24 »

The game of EVE is hard to play
We're gonna lose it anyway
The losing card we'll some day lay
So this is all I have to say:

That dropping sub is painless
It brings on many changes
And you can take or leave it if you please.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #20 on: 31 Mar 2014, 01:52 »

Best of luck to you, Kat.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 31 Mar 2014, 06:32 »

You will literally not believe how something that consumed much of your waking thoughts, this other world we have inhabited for so many years, will mean so very little after you just cut the cord for a few weeks.

All the things you give so much mental energy to right now in the game will fall into the background, and the things you used to agonize over (ships, players, people, relationships - in game -) will barely be a blip on your real life radar after you cut the cord.

Honestly I suggest a hard cutoff for a month or two, unsub, don't check mails, don't check backstage.  You won't believe the weight off your shoulders, and if you come back, you come back slowly.

Super good luck with all the things, and of course hit me on steam anytime (takeiteasymon)

This sounds good, I think it is the route I will attempt.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #22 on: 31 Mar 2014, 07:21 »

Quote from: Katrina Oniseki
Tomorrow I start paid training for a new career. A $42,000 a year career, with overtime, benefits, union representation. The whole nine yards. Starting tomorrow morning, I will finally have given myself the ability and reason to enjoy my life. Starting tomorrow, I won't need to rely so heavily on EVE.

This is very good news. Put your head down and get it done.

I will miss your ability to make me laugh with rapid-fire, always-appropriate-for-context cat image memes.

Also, everything Silas said.

Best of luck, Mark.  :D

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #23 on: 31 Mar 2014, 11:23 »

Best of luck chap.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #24 on: 31 Mar 2014, 13:06 »

I was stuck talking to people like you (no offense),

I totally take offense to that.  :P

I'm going to try to make it to fanfest. Hopefully, when you all finally meet me, I'll be someone I can feel proud to introduce.

I'd say you will, but if not I volunteer since I am proud to introduce you anyway. Despite some of our arguments and fights you've always been a great friend in and out of EVE. I truly wish you the best. <3
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #25 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:23 »

Never be sorry for IC conflict  ;)

Wish you all the best. :cube:

~Doodle

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #26 on: 01 Apr 2014, 09:35 »

For all the OOC conflict and IC conflict I've caused, I apologize [...]

A special apology and thanks to True Slaves Foundations and Pyre Falcon Defence Combine who have unreasonably been the victim of many a conflict with me [...] It doesn't count for much, but at least you understand why it's been happening and that I do regret it every time it does.
Nuuuu, don't apologize for IC conflict! I can't speak for SHARE, or even all of PYRE, but we liked it. Besides being general masochists, conflict with a more straightforward and friendly party made us look like shady, morally questionable neck-breakers, which was exactly aligned with our goals. Some ruffled feelings aside, you actually did us a favor!

[...] and some day soon? I'm going to try to make it to fanfest. Hopefully, when you all finally meet me, I'll be someone I can feel proud to introduce.
Already there, man. You've given us all some excellent fiction and interaction, and consistently portrayed one of the most visible characters around, for the longest time. It's maybe not the most productive use of time, but in a small way, for several years, you made all of our lives more interesting. My hat's off to you.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #27 on: 01 Apr 2014, 10:15 »

Best of luck on your new career. :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Skylee Solette

• Cute Little Nooblet
  • Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 01 Apr 2014, 17:04 »

Even though the first time we actually met I made a bad impression, I thought you were super cool so hope we get to come see ya some time and maybe I might be further along in Eve rather than being a noob.  :)

Goodluck!

Drakolus

« Reply #29 on: 01 Apr 2014, 18:07 »

I heart you Katrina!  Seriously, congrats on the new job and the new outlook.  I wish you the absolute best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3