Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Coming several hours ago to a Sisi near you!  (Read 6773 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Coming several hours ago to a Sisi near you!
« on: 30 Sep 2011, 17:11 »

Amarr, Caldari and Gallente CQs! Ship-spinning! New font! New and improved cyno and jump effects! (Also some new engine glows, but who gives a shit...)

I'm going to write a blog post later tonight about all of this stuff, but I figured I'd get some of it out first so I had something to work with.

First, the CQs. They're pretty well done, but I think I'll let these pictures do the talking for me.

Amarr:
- The Door - Amarrian Edition
- Throne Room / Slave, fetch me my monocle!
- Bed/Mirror
- Walking up the ramp / At the top - My only complaint about the Amarrian CQ is that this ramp is ridiculously longer than it needs to be in terms of functionality, even though it does a good job of embodying the Amarrian method of making things bigger just to look important. Sadface at the two golden statues that were in the teaser video not being in yet.
- Capsule and Hangar Console - Compact console is awesome.
- The Hangar

Caldari:
- View from the hangar - Is this a modeling runway, or a hallway?
- Capsule and Hangar Console / Capsule gantry - Loving the console design here, and the stairs to the pod gantry going under the platform you're standing on is a cool touch.
- Boardroom / More like bored-room...
- The Door - State Edition - Nice and utilitarian, and the contrast of the blinking red light from the panel to the blue ambient lighting is pretty cool.
- Bed/Mirror

Gallente:
- View from the hangar - It's a skate-park!
- Capsule, Ship and Hangar Console / Capsule Gantry - Still loving the more compact console designs; the racially-colored holograms and displays are a nice touch as well.
- Walking down the ramp - This shot feels kinda Mass Effect 1 Citadel-y.
- The Door - Gallente Edition - Gallente stations are so sexy, even the doors have curves~
- Bed/Mirror - This mirror in particular is ricidulously well implemented; if it weren't for reflections of the avatar, one might think it was a doorway.
- Gallentean Home Theater - There is a pit here on the floor. I do not know what it does. I assume it's a Quafe dispenser or something.
- V, I thought I asked you not to call me on this line - No, seriously, I even asked nicely.

Ship-spinning. It's really easy to get to. While in the CQ, go to the console in the hangar and click on the new fifth option, "Enter Ship Hangar." (The option is also present on the hologram by the sofa, but it is greyed out.) There's a quick fade-to-black transition, and there's the old station interface! To go back to the CQ from the hangar view, simply click on the blue arrows above the undock button. I like the choice of button they used for the hangar-side interface; the blue color makes its presence known, and the fact that it is pointing in the opposite direction helps show that the hangar view is an in-between state.

New font. Personally, not much a fan of it. It needs some serious work. It looks bad at every useful size, and while they did fix some of the problem letters (l/I, 5/S, G/6/&, O/0, B/8) they missed a couple other ones like -/~. Numbers are also no longer the same width, so timestamps don't line up anymore and look terrible. At this point, I'd much rather use the font we have right now - this new one hurts to look at.

New cyno effects. I didn't get to see them first-hand, but you can see them on youtube here, here and here. Being a capital pilot just became 20% cooler.

New engine glows? I noticed a couple ships have different-colored engine flares, which is kinda cool, but if there's no trails, I kinda don't care much. >.>

What about you guys? Those of you who've been on Sisi, what do you think?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
Re: Coming several hours ago to a Sisi near you!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2011, 17:32 »

The new font is meh (BUT CYNO EFFECT!). On the other hand, the CQs are pretty nice (BUT NEW CYNO EFFECT!) - I like how they got the racial feeling across (BUT NEW CYNO EFFECT!). I wonder if the ship hangar is less resource-hungry so I can use it to run multiple clients - that doesn't work with CQ right now :-( (BUT NEW CYNO EFFECT!). So, pretty ok change all in all. Did I mention that the NEW CYNO EFFECT makes me a happy person? :o)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2011, 17:48 »

So I guess the Amarr and the Minmatar do have something in common: They don't believe in blankets or pillows.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2011, 19:38 »

What the fuck has happened to my face?

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2011, 21:35 »

New cynos make me want to fly caps now.  :cube:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2011, 21:37 »

>new quarters, neat
>return of spinning, neat
>new font, neat

>new cyno effect
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2011, 12:36 »

Did anyone notice the new lighting/shader and new details in the Amarr Hangar when in Hangar view?

It's the only one of the 4 hangars that has been updated in any way that I can see.

It looks a lot better imo.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Crucifire

« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2011, 13:31 »

Seen these yet? Few different styles, one that's a monocle knockoff and one with the other eye missing.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2011, 18:56 »

Caldari hangar is now my favorite, simply because they got the Caldari aesthetic so damned right.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
« Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2011, 23:19 »

Never going to miss that Titan cyno in now. :D

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2011, 04:45 »

I wrote a blog post. IS NAP TIEM NAO. :oops:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2011, 05:53 »

Me likes.

Except that awful font.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2011, 11:43 »

Font is horribad, and unlike the previous ideas with "screaming all caps", with that font just looking at the all-caps text seems to hurt my ears. Something is likely wrong with my SiSi client anyway, lots of missing labels plus my Civire is apparently a bald, pitch-black man with a clean-white suit.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2011, 11:55 »

Missing labels on parts of the CQ interface are present for everyone.

Sounds like you have a shader issue with your avatar, though - but don't forget we've all been reverted to 'default' meshes. I'm sure CCP knows about it and that someone's looking into it but no idea when it'll be fixed. vOv
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2011, 15:33 »

Btw the font is huge too. Fucking huge. How do you resize it lower ? I know how to do for the cascading menus (right clic stuff), but not for the rest. :/
Pages: [1] 2