Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nailing a Gallente uniform (art commission)  (Read 7466 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Nailing a Gallente uniform (art commission)
« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2010, 19:11 »

Well, amazingly enough, I didn't even have time to consolidate your ideas, mull them over and forward them onto the artist, they returned something just 48 hours from the original sketch...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Matched my guideline of being "sufficiently extravagant but still militaristic"...any suggestions? I think it looks very good actually, just a question of colouring and matching Seriphyn's features to that of the Carbon image I made up.

One thing though is that certain features of the uniform may be more in line with "parade" than "dress"...but it makes it very unique that it might be worth overlooking just for the flashiness.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 15 Dec 2010, 19:48 »

A very, very good start, however... if I may make a reccomendation:

Working off the assumption that Gallente don't do minimalism, I'd suggest filling in some of the "blank spaces" with decorative designs and such.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #17 on: 15 Dec 2010, 20:04 »

I think I'll request some "Jin-Mei" embroidery or whatever stylings on Rhea's dress...no idea for Anette though.
Pages: 1 [2]