Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rebalancing Ship Classes  (Read 6282 times)

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
Re: Rebalancing Ship Classes
« Reply #30 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:35 »

Oh and Hyena is the most badly-designed ship in the game.

Bonuses to TP (mids), webs (mids) and MWD (mid) - so 3 module types with only 4 mid slots to use. On top of this its shield resistances are far superior to armor resists so the 3 low slots you might use for tanking are pre-nerfed.
To finish it off fitting is rather tight, particularly CPU.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2010, 13:53 »

Bonuses to TP (mids), webs (mids) and MWD (mid) - so 3 module types with only 4 mid slots to use. On top of this its shield resistances are far superior to armor resists so the 3 low slots you might use for tanking are pre-nerfed.

Armor tanking a Hyena is daft tbh.  It's one of the faster ships out there.
Afterburner is kind of a TP counter.

And in nullsec AB is a guaranteed death.

- Tracking disruptors would disrupt tracking, and only have a chance to reduce turret optimal/falloff

This would hamstring TDs to the point of uselessness unless the nerf to tracking was so strong that the rest didn't matter. 

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #32 on: 06 Dec 2010, 13:58 »

Armor tanking a Hyena is daft tbh.  It's one of the faster ships out there.

Of course, but speed tank with that kind of EHP will still get you squished rather quickly and you have no mids left for a bit of shield buffer if you're making use of the badly designed bonuses.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #33 on: 06 Dec 2010, 15:06 »

Has anyone tested the malediction and vengeance with rockets since the update, is it finally worth fitting rockets on a malediction?

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 06 Dec 2010, 17:37 »

i hear flycatchers are the bomb now, and tristan are quite decent frigates.....

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #35 on: 06 Dec 2010, 19:05 »

Has anyone tested the malediction and vengeance with rockets since the update, is it finally worth fitting rockets on a malediction?

I fit them on a Crow and was positively underwhelmed at the performance.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 06 Dec 2010, 19:22 »

i hear flycatchers are the bomb now, and tristan are quite decent frigates.....

Heretic will also be FTW because it gets an explosion velocity bonus (on top of the readjusted explosion velocity). I particularly like my 246 dps, 20km rocket setup. >:3
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2010, 19:25 by Kyoko Sakoda »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 06 Dec 2010, 19:31 »

I fit them on a Crow and was positively underwhelmed at the performance.

Suggestion: think 400mm plate Crow, but faster.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #38 on: 07 Dec 2010, 07:21 »

As someone who flies Minmatar, I'd be interested to hear more about why Inara thinks TPs deserve more attention.  Always seemed silly to me that they only have an effect on missiles.  "Target painting" should also make it easier for turrets to track imo.  Anyway, all ewar deserved a re-look and a revamp.  Maybe if they sat down and tried to strike a real paper-rock-scissors balance we'd see more damps and painters out there?

Target painters are useful to turrets as well. A bigger signature is easier to hit.
Also helps drones. And reduces lock times.

Painters also help gangmates weapons and sensors as well.

Up to a point anyway.

I hear a lot about target painters, some say they're amazing, others say they're the worst thing ever.
\o/

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #39 on: 07 Dec 2010, 13:31 »

Not sure about the Malediction, but the Vengeance is pretty kickass now. Tinkering on SiSi and when I took my Vengeance 1v1 against an Ishkur I managed to turn him into a wreck (i know 1v1's rarely happen on TQ, but for the sake of discussion I'm mentioning it). I would guess that the changes would be similarly beneficial to the Malediction, but I'm not sure.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #40 on: 08 Dec 2010, 15:12 »

I was at my happiest in Eve when we had indies, frigates, cruisers and battleships. Everything else has been bloat and shiny shiny objects to dangle in front of ADD teens every few months to distract them.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #41 on: 08 Dec 2010, 15:31 »

Also, we should get off your lawn. ;)

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #42 on: 08 Dec 2010, 15:46 »

Also, we should get off your lawn. ;)

Indeed! Damn kids! :P
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #43 on: 08 Dec 2010, 16:15 »

Not sure about the Malediction, but the Vengeance is pretty kickass now. Tinkering on SiSi and when I took my Vengeance 1v1 against an Ishkur I managed to turn him into a wreck (i know 1v1's rarely happen on TQ, but for the sake of discussion I'm mentioning it). I would guess that the changes would be similarly beneficial to the Malediction, but I'm not sure.

Hawk is pretty awesome now too.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 08 Dec 2010, 21:14 »

I was at my happiest in Eve when we had indies, frigates, cruisers and battleships. Everything else has been bloat and shiny shiny objects to dangle in front of ADD teens every few months to distract them.

Battlecruisers=best hulls in the game tbh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4