Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fast, fabulous, and fun lvl 4 ship  (Read 16764 times)

Darveses

• Wetgraver
Re: Fast, fabulous, and fun lvl 4 ship
« Reply #15 on: 04 Aug 2011, 08:10 »

Best experience for me so far has been a gist x-type xl boosted mach, only problem is the high initial investment.
But melts through missions more than twice as fast as my Tengu did. Amazing top speed too.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #16 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:32 »

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I like the Absolution.

Tank is epic, firepower is quite good, and you can get them up to a respectable speed to boot.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Varlerian

• Your friendly neighborhood entrepreneur
  • Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 21 Aug 2011, 12:50 »

Like some others mentioned before, I like the Machariel. It's got speed, DPS, and agility.

Personally I buffer tank mine. No need for super expensive deadspace modules, T2 tank mods are just fine for all missions, so long as you control range and watch what you aggro.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:09 »

Field Command Ships and various T3s are quite popular with those pilots that would rather not misison in a BS...but I have it on pretty good authority that there isn't much in New Eden faster at making things dead than the Mach.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2011, 08:56 »

If you are averse to BS's, then Tengu will satisfy these requirements.

If you don't mind battleships, then Mach or Nightmare will satisfy your requirements and kill quite a bit faster. I'd compare your laser/missile/projectile skills and go from there.

Tarryn Nightstorm

• Clonejack
  • Cynical romantic / romantic cynic.
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jan 2012, 16:33 »

Tengu for NPCs that have either a weakness to Kinetic, or a secondary weakness to same.
(Primary damage type against Caldari-derived NPCs, secondary weakness of Serpentis/Gallente and/or Minmatar/Angels and Mercenaries, respectively.)

Machariel for everything else...or just the Machi for both, either ship works just fine with a basic T II fit, although the Tengu really shines with some judicious pimpage (mainly Caldari Navy BCUs in the lows and a complex small-size Shield-Booster. I use a Pithi C-Type Small, and a CN-issue SBA + 4 CN BCUs in the lows--all else, T II. These mods will free up enough CPU to switch the electronic subsystem to the Dissolution Sequencer which increases targetting range to like, 115+ km from 85-90 for the CPU Efficiency Gate.).

Lots of fun to fly either like a big Assault Frigate--turn on your O/Vs "transversal" column, and approach indirectly/spiralling in, hit "orbit" at your preferred range, speed mod on. This is much easier in the Tengu, as you don't have to worry about your whipping about your targets affecting your missiles' accuracy. The Machi, on the other hand, might be considered a bit more forgiving as you can deal with webbies/pointies with your drones. (IMPORTANT: Kill any webbers ASAP in either case!)

You absolutely cannot AFK either one, though, that could hurt...a lot. Not a big thing, in practise though, as these both kill shit so fast that you may well be flying back to base for the next mission before you'd even consider going AFK in the Rattler for the first one.

After those two, anything else is just too much like work.

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2012, 04:04 »

Why would anyone mission if you don't have to?  :bash:

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2012, 21:25 »

Missioning's not really my kink, either, but if you're going to do it you might as well make it as enjoyable as you can.

Taking the question seriously for a moment:
(a) Standings
(b) ISK and LPs
(c) A mindless solitaire game of squashing the crosses as a wind-down after work
(d) A thing to do with friends while chatting and flying together
(e) Semi-productive multi-tasking while doing other things in EVE or out of EVE.

If you were missioning--for whatever reason would get you to do it--what would you prefer to fly?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #23 on: 21 Jan 2012, 23:17 »

Kronos. I love the name, it's appearance (Megathron skin FTW) and it's designated job. However the reality of the game means it's little more than a glorified missioning boat - I might as well use it as such, ne?

Considering other alternatives here state your need to double BS-skill for a faction BS that would be better served in combat (putting aside the reality of 'ooh shiny kill-mail u die nao lolz' effect) or get the skills and isk for a T3, you might as well go get the skills and isk for a Marauder of your choosing. In your case - the Paladi?. Marauders tank like monsters, the ease-of-jamming weakness is ignorable in mission boats, and you need no ammo so have effectively no expenses. Plus, in your case you should manage to do with 4 T2 pulse lasers what my Kronos does with 4 T2 railguns; snipe BS, BC and cruiser rats to death at 50-80km, all the while eating the frigs with your drones. I've not done missions for motnhs now, but when I did I had no problem at all managing cap while setting my drones and guns to preferred targets. I'd even salvage and loot with it if I didn't have a Nochtis available on another toon for that job, so if your solo that cuts down on your needed missioning time. Bonus!

Until you can use the Paladin, the Apocalypse is, as stated, a very useful missioning ship - less cap problems, good tank, good DPS, drone support...

As for why do missions... just because? There are plenty of useful benefits that have been listed. And, jsut like with mining, while it can be tedious and boring if you 'focus' on it or do only that, the trick with all this is to go about doing it while doing something else at the same time. Being social in corp/alliance chat or whatever is just one of the possibilities.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2012, 05:14 »

Because you can make ISK AFK? :Dominix:

Aodha Khan

« Reply #25 on: 24 Jan 2012, 03:45 »

Well, personally for sexy I was going with her, and creepy would be Borg queen, but to each their own.

That Maggie Thatcher hairdo just doesn't do it for me.... :ugh:

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2012, 20:33 »

Big fan of the Mach, but spending my entire life in falloff has become somewhat dull, considering a Vindicator and/or Kronos (because Salvaging after takes time, and multiboxing is bleh)

I also actually miss armour tanking, shield tanking feels so flimsy...
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2012, 20:55 »

I've enjoyed using a Paladin for missions. Didn't go with a completely capstable fit, but Tachs work well with two heatsinks, a tracking computer, and either a web or second tracking computer depending on rats. (Sansha 2x TC, everything else web + TC.)

Found that a 425mm rail Talos works decently well for blitzing L3s for standings, too. Haven't tried messing with similar fits for the other three of the new battlecruisers yet, though.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jan 2012, 21:26 »

Found that a 425mm rail Talos works decently well for blitzing L3s for standings, too. Haven't tried messing with similar fits for the other three of the new battlecruisers yet, though.

I was going to use an Oracle. Can't sleep, so going to grind standings for Caldari arc, going with a MPL fit Coercer for L1/2
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jan 2012, 14:06 »

Big fan of the Mach, but spending my entire life in falloff has become somewhat dull, considering a Vindicator and/or Kronos (because Salvaging after takes time, and multiboxing is bleh)

I also actually miss armour tanking, shield tanking feels so flimsy...

Vindicator has horrible active tank for missions. :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4