Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CCP Tech Spec Trailer(s)  (Read 4346 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
CCP Tech Spec Trailer(s)
« on: 23 Apr 2012, 19:11 »

CCP just posted this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVcwxblSks&list=PL989256B68D78EC0E&index=7&feature=plpp_video

Perhaps the first in a series?

Some pretty interesting info present it in it, firstly being the crew size. Seems they reduced the official number of crewmen for a ship? Only 80 or so man a Gallente non-capsuleer battlecruiser instead of a few hundred as initially suggested. Perhaps this is just because it is Gallente and has lots of automation, but something tells me CCP got the hint that exploding ships ships were unrealistic population sinks if they did indeed need hundreds to thousands to man.

Also, it seems that different standard components of T1 ships are made by different manufacturers. Eenteresting.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2012, 10:48 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: CCP Ship Tech Spec Trailer(s)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2012, 19:42 »

This must have been taken down and reposted, as I remember watching it a good while ago and being kind of O_o at all the information they got wrong or are changing (it's not just the crew).

EDIT: Yeah, they seem to be taking down videos and reuploading them again. I can't find the other ship spec video they released, and several other videos are out of order for their original release dates.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 19:46 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2012, 04:07 »

Really nice.Someone will have to rewrite this down on evelopedia.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2012, 04:26 »

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2012, 04:30 by Milo Caman »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2012, 06:04 »

Interesting to note that for the Drake/Myrmidon, both ships are cut down to low crew numbers regardless of technology, suggesting the Jove capsule tech "standardizes" ship control quite significantly.

Otherwise, I laugh at Caldari "advanced technology" when it takes a Gallente battlecruiser 80 to crew it, and a Drake 590. That's quite the discrepancy.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:11 »

Stupid CCP, get your shit right the first time!

Jev North

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:40 »

The difference is because of the manpower needed to operate advanced Caldari electronics - one guy with a Frankenstein blade switch per flashy blue light.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:45 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJQjwKs6Kg&feature=g-all-u&context=G21326bbFAAAAAAAAAAA

Another Tech Spec trailer. This one must be completely new since it features a DUST 514 weapon; a Caldari assault rifle, yey.

Jev North

Re: CCP Tech Spec Trailer(s)
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:58 »

Newp. Seen it as a bonus promo dealie for Templar One.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:59 »

This is what I get for not playing anymore.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2012, 09:52 »

Newp. Seen it as a bonus promo dealie for Templar One.

This.

It was part of the "bonus content" links for the ebook edition of Templar One back when it was first released. I'm guessing that enough time's passed and the links have been shared around enough that CCP's now decided to make them 'public'. That and it's an easy marketing tool to recycle in the leadup to DUST 514's release.

In addition to the ships and rifle already mentioned there's a still of the EVE gate and also one of the sleeper implant that makes DUST soldiers viable.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2012, 10:01 »

also one of the sleeper implant that makes DUST soldiers viable.

That one just went up (again) a few hours ago.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2012, 19:17 »

Interesting to note that for the Drake/Myrmidon, both ships are cut down to low crew numbers regardless of technology, suggesting the Jove capsule tech "standardizes" ship control quite significantly.

Otherwise, I laugh at Caldari "advanced technology" when it takes a Gallente battlecruiser 80 to crew it, and a Drake 590. That's quite the discrepancy.

It is also a disconnect from previous PF concerning the Caldari population size.   I would expect Gallente/Caldari ships to have similar size crew compliments; differences largely found in how they go about having smaller crews.

Desiderya

« Reply #13 on: 26 Apr 2012, 03:25 »

The differences are absurd in size. However, I think Gallente crews would still be smaller. Reasons being advanced automation technologies and far more importantly the tendency to utilize that to its fullest. Caldari are by no means not high-tech, but they have a culture ( and society, when one thinks about how nice that would look on a CV ) were serving in the navy is important.

Since capsuleers usually don't have official navy personel as crew things are bound to be a bit different, however one could argue that the design is based on the racial differences. Therefore a brutix is designed to need less hands than a ferox, regardless under which banner it flies.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #14 on: 26 Apr 2012, 06:24 »

This stuff is all at least half a year old....remember when I made links to them in the OOC MOTD?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: [1] 2 3